Coach

Pete

Repete
Because:

1. People with moderate to high disposable incomes are intelligent do not watch TV that much so networks don't cater to them.

2. The remaining people who networks target for advertisers love shiatty reality crap like some yuppie eating a heaping serving of Yakk Anus in hopes he will win $10,000 or how some cutthroat jackass will screw someone over in a sinister way all in hope to be Trumps official foot smoocher for a year.

3. Sitcoms are dead, good jokes are now trumped by the outragious. All that is left is reality shows and the next CSI/Law and Order spinnoffs "CSI: Boise" and Law and Order "Animal Cruelty Unit"

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Pete said:
2. The remaining people who networks target for advertisers love shiatty reality crap like some yuppie eating a heaping serving of Yakk Anus in hopes he will win $10,000 or how some cutthroat jackass will screw someone over in a sinister way all in hope to be Trumps official foot smoocher for a year.
:lol:

I agree that the sitcom genre is dead. I stopped watching most traditional sitcoms in the '80s, especially the ones with families, because they were recycling the same jokes and situations. I liked Seinfeld, Married With Children and the Simpsons partly because they were reinterpretations of the basic sitcom premise.

I've never seen Coach or News Radio or Everybody Loves Raymond or King of Queens. I've only seen one or two episodes of Cosby and whatever that show is with Debra Messing. I watched Friends but stopped after Ross and Rachel got together, because I have a soft spot for unrequired love stories.

And I can't stand reality TV, because it's not reality. It's all about the 15 minutes of fame.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
I have a soft spot for unrequired love stories.
As in "not needed"? :confused: I think you meant unrequited. :wink:

I have to agree about the sitcoms. I haven't seen a really good one in years. I tried watching "Everyone Loves Raymond" and couldn't get past the first 5 minutes. I used to like "Will & Grace" but it seems to have "jumped the shark." :ohwell:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I loved Coach. Another one I miss was Major Dad. So many of the good shows are gone. Only to be replaced my some awfull reality show.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I've never seen Coach or News Radio or Everybody Loves Raymond or King of Queens. I've only seen one or two episodes of Cosby and whatever that show is with Debra Messing. I watched Friends but stopped after Ross and Rachel got together, because I have a soft spot for unrequired love stories.

All of those are some of my favorites, except for Will & Grace.
I still watch Cosby, Queens, and Raymond re-runs on a regular basis.

Coach and News Radio were great, too.

Home Improvement ain't bad.

Other than that, haven't seen many new sitcoms that are any good in the past couple years.