Does anyone else experience rudeness @ Catamarans

Tri

Thank you, come again.
I just wanted to know if there is anyone else out there besides my friends and myself who have seen the nasty side of catamarans. I often go to catamarans (however I dont plan to anymore) and I always have a bad experience. The people that take the money seem to always be in a bad irritable mood and they show it to you when they take your money. Its as if they absolutely hate their jobs. Now I do want to say this before I go on about the bartenders, I have never had any problems with the female bartenders at this establishment, they are very nice, friendly and seem to have fun doing their jobs. However as for some, thats right I say some not all of the male bartenders its the exact opposite, they are also rude, smart asses, and like the money takers act like they are aggravated with having to get you a drink, HELLO you are a bartender. Ok with that being said, let me say this, I have worked as a bartender for 7 years, (not currently). I know just like any other job things become overwhelming and you have your bad days, however when its easier to count your good days rather than your bad days then their is a problem. Being a bartender you have to deal with aggravating managers, drunks, and people who are completely sh*t faced. But going into that field of work you know what you are getting into, and if you dont realize it then its time to wake up and smell the bourbon and perhaps pursue a different career path. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this type of experience with them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sounds like Catamaran's hasn't changed in the last 7 years. Their door guys, bouncers, bartenders - every one of them - were always a bunch of punks that were more interested in flirting up some skeezer than actually doing their jobs.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:ohwell: I've never had a bad experience, except for occassionally experiencing slow service, which is to be expected when a place is packed. From the bouncers to the waitresses to the bartenders to the shot girls, everyone has been cordial to me and smiled. Perhaps it's your attitude that's the problem? :shrug:

rack'm

Jaded
migtig said:
:ohwell: I've never had a bad experience, except for occassionally experiencing slow service, which is to be expected when a place is packed. From the bouncers to the waitresses to the bartenders to the shot girls, everyone has been cordial to me and smiled. Perhaps it's your attitude that's the problem? :shrug:

vraiblonde said:
Their door guys, bouncers, bartenders - every one of them - were always a bunch of punks that were more interested in flirting up some skeezer than actually doing their jobs.

:ohwell:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
rack'm said:
I'd say 90+% of the people working there are female. And I have never had any of the employees (male or female) flirt with me...the male clientele is another story. :whistle:

soul4sale

vraiblonde said:
Their door guys, bouncers, bartenders - every one of them - were always a bunch of punks that were more interested in flirting up some skeezer than actually doing their jobs.

Sounds like a systemic problem with management. The owner is a real piece of work. I'm wondering how much he and his partner lost on that joke of a nightclub in Waldorf...

Tri

Thank you, come again.
Perhaps it's your attitude that's the problem? :shrug:[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's my attitude, I'm not a loud obnoxious person, nor am I snotty or anything like that, I'm sorry I should have put that in my original post. I'm laid back and friendly, especially when I go out drinking. I think that some of the people there just hate their jobs and it shows, theres nothing worse than people in customer service who dont like dealing with people or are'nt good at it.

Tri

Thank you, come again.
Um, I dont know who vari is, but no it was'nt a slam at anybody, just saying if you work in a job dealing with customers you should probably have a friendly outgoing people personality.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tri said:
Um, I dont know who vari is, but no it was'nt a slam at anybody, just saying if you work in a job dealing with customers you should probably have a friendly outgoing people personality.
Guess I should have added the :sarcasm: sign. I'll do it now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tri said:
He was talking about me and he was just kidding.

Right, Aps???? :boxing: :lol:

Anyway, it's not just you, Tri. When I was younger I'd go there and the bouncers or whoever these guys are would be all over me and my girlfriends. We were like, "Could you just check the IDs so we can move on here? I'll let you know when I want to date a 21 year old bouncer." :rolleyes:

The chick bartenders were more interested in chatting with their friends and flirting with the guys. And if you didn't fit into either one of those categories, guess what? You weren't getting a drink! :jet:

I haven't been to Catamaran's in years but your tale is a familiar one.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Tri said:

Had you thought about contacting the manager or maybe asking for another server versus just complaining to us? I myself don't know of any customer that enjoys crappy service from a rude employee.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
By the way Tri, if you ask around, you will find a few SOMDers up the road a little way near Woodburns at a bar-b-que and ice cream place. :cheers:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tigerlily said:
Had you thought about contacting the manager or maybe asking for another server versus just complaining to us?
Wouldn't do him any good. Plus, you don't have a "server" - he's talking about the bar part.

The only thing you can really do is leave it to the kids and not go back.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
migtig said:
:yeahthat: You can't have high expectations at Catamarans. I go there to dance and have the occasional drink. It meets my needs, and I have never been treated rudely by the employees. :shrug:

Last edited:
R

remaxrealtor

soul4sale said:
Sounds like a systemic problem with management. The owner is a real piece of work. I'm wondering how much he and his partner lost on that joke of a nightclub in Waldorf...
CLUB V, what a fabulous idea, turning Frank's Plant World into a nightclub with a $1500 a year VIP membership!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Tri said:
I just wanted to know if there is anyone else out there besides my friends and myself who have seen the nasty side of catamarans. I often go to catamarans (however I dont plan to anymore) and I always have a bad experience.
Why would you keep going back? :confused: