Is anybody still doing it...

rack'm

Jaded
JabbaJawz said:
We switched over to low-fat/low-cal and are satisfied as far as eating and happy w/the results.

That's my long range goal. I lost 60 lbs a couple years ago with Adkins but had no plans for when I got off th diet, which of course means, I gained it all back. :lol:

I've already started eating more Organic foods and will stick with that from now on even after Adkins and most Organic foods are very low if not carb free. :getdown:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
JabbaJawz said:
We switched over to low-fat/low-cal and are satisfied as far as eating and happy w/the results.

Did you come to a plateau with Atkins or did you just get bored with it altogether?

rack'm

Jaded
ememdee19 said:
Nothing wrong with that! Are you using any of the shakes, etc.?

No, they taste like crap. :dead:

My diet consist of meat and eggs with cheese......I'll eat bread on the weekends and maybe a regular desert.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
rack'm said:
No, they taste like crap. :dead:

My diet consist of meat and eggs with cheese......I'll eat bread on the weekends and maybe a regular desert.

Have you tried the Atkins brand shakes? I think the chocolate royale flavor is pretty decent. The other brands taste like crud,though.

rack'm

Jaded
ememdee19 said:
Have you tried the Atkins brand shakes? I think the chocolate royale flavor is pretty decent. The other brands taste like crud,though.

I can't honestly remember what brand names I've tried but I've tried a couple different ones...:lol:

I like water and diet sodas work for me too so I don't need a shake. :shrug:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
ememdee19 said:
Did you come to a plateau with Atkins or did you just get bored with it altogether?

We plateau'd and once we went to low-fat/low-cal...boom!!! Husband lost almost 40 pounds in 3 months!!

V

Vixen

ememdee19 said:
Congrats! Are you following the strict guidelines or have you modified them at all?

It is a modified version. If I go over the allowable carbs, I say whatever and start over the next day! :lol:

I've done well with it so far, and I'll stick to it until I hit a plateau. Might be awhile, I am walking 2 miles everyday and I start kick boxing in 2 weeks.

rack'm

Jaded
StarCat said:
i have a question about Atkins. Even though you are burning fat instead of carbs, where is all that extra artery clogging cholesterol going? Or are you burning that too?

You need to stop believing the HYPE and start researching things yourself. :yay: