A GORGEOUS hunk of horse A flesh

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
A GORGEOUS hunk A horse flesh

Meet My 'Ole stud LeRoy!!
Rottncop fell in love with this boy the moment we met him, and he became ours!
He's a black bay Appy Sporthorse, with the most gorgeous face you've ever seen, and a temperament to match. A gentle giant.
We also bought one of his babies, and his momma - bred back to LeRoy for Spring. We got lucky!!

Attachments

• LeRoy.jpg
    LeRoy.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
yup, what gave it away? His name maybe :lol:
His temperament is super!! and his babies are too! I have a gorgeous chestnut blanketed baby here sired by him to die for.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
he is DA MAN :lol:
Rottncop is in love with this boy too, I've never seen him so enamoured with a horse.
i'm so lucky. :biggrin:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
BTW Catt...SO sowwy you didn't have any poopies to scoop at the parade :lol:
any pix Jazz?? I'd love to see Appy and Bef on those smooooth movers!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
happyappygirl said:
BTW Catt...SO sowwy you didn't have any poopies to scoop at the parade :lol:
any pix Jazz?? I'd love to see Appy and Bef on those smooooth movers!!
I have a bunch of pictures from the parade. I loaded a lot to photobucket but I can't access them from work. Appy used some of the pics in her web site. She posted some too but I don't remember what thread. :ohwell:

barncat

happyappygirl said:
Meet My 'Ole stud LeRoy!!
Rottncop fell in love with this boy the moment we met him, and he became ours!
He's a black bay Appy Sporthorse, with the most gorgeous face you've ever seen, and a temperament to match. A gentle giant.
We also bought one of his babies, and his momma - bred back to LeRoy for Spring. We got lucky!!

What a lovely boy! How old is he? What's his training? Are you looking at competing him in the sport horse type of competitions to market him?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Competition...well he's only 6 and broke to ride, but Rottncop is still working on the ground with him, he hasn't actually gotten on him yet, although we've seen him ridden Western. I'm not sure they compete with stallions in the riding classes (aside from conformation which I'm all for if i can figure out how)??? Are you volunteering? Hmm...i can see a deal in the makings in my crystal ball...:lol: help me MAMA! He's s sure fire winna. :biggrin:

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
I got pics of you too...can I post them? I will do a thread later...got an amazing pic to show you if I can get it off my camera :whistle:

long as ya put a smilie over the ugger parts :lol:

barncat

happyappygirl said:
Competition...well he's only 6 and broke to ride, but Rottncop is still working on the ground with him, he hasn't actually gotten on him yet, although we've seen him ridden Western. I'm not sure they compete with stallions in the riding classes (aside from conformation which I'm all for if i can figure out how)??? Are you volunteering? Hmm...i can see a deal in the makings in my crystal ball...:lol: help me MAMA! He's s sure fire winna. :biggrin:

6 is a fine age for a horse to be working. I'm assuming since he's an Appy sporthorse he's a TB/App cross, right? Stallions are competed, Philip Dutton has his stallion Salute the Truth competing at the ** or *** level in eventing now and the Clyde/TB cross in Southern MD (I forget his name) is doing prelim. What is his breeding? I didn't know there was an Appy Sporthorse Registry but you might be able to put him through other registry approvals to make him more appealing to folks looking to breed their mares to a sporthorse. It all depends on how much effort you want to put into it. I don't know alot about the approval process and what he is eligible for but I have a friend that knows quite a bit.

fredsaid2

Steuart Pittman has Salute the Truth. He's just up the road in Davidsonville. He does training and lessons. Google 'Dodan Farm' for the website. I know someone who boards w/ him and loves the place. Good luck w/ your guy!

barncat

appyday said:
If he was an app/tb he could still have app papers he is not..I think he is an app trakaner cross...not draft...Happy can let you know

If so then she can definately put him through the approval process for the Trakener and American Warmblood Society registry, and possibly Hanovarian and Oldenburg registries.

barncat

appyday said:
She has no written or paper proof of this though :whistle:

How so, did she steal the guy? j/k

Really if she doesn't have the papers that stinks, but how can he be an Appy Sporthorse then?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
App sporthorse registry is based on characteristics. i have to take photos and pay the fees i think. I haven't called the fellow i got him from to get the scoop on him yet, he gave me all his info, i just haven't made the call. He told Rottncop he was App Trak like Appy said, Rottncop was like what's Trakener I'm like YESSSSS!!! :lol: but i don't have any paperwork...you can look at the boy and tell he's well bred, so hopefully i can do something with that.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Appy has my stick :frown:
:ihaveherhobbles:
:lol:
Everyone is asking me how big he is though...that's funny. I'll get a pix of me standing next to him. Is there benefit to registering him with a warmblood registry? He looks all appy, definately not drafty except there is a LOT of him. He's HUGE.