Going on Vaca with family who has kids

dreamland

*SCENERIO*

Let's say two couples have been going on summer vacations every year. One of the couples decides to have a baby and wants to continue the traditional vacation. Is it rude to think that the traditional vacation will be put on hold until both couples have kids?

In my point of view, keep in mind that I do not have children right now and when I do so my opinion may completely, but as of right now I wouldn't invite another couple that doesn't have children if I had children to go on vacation and I wouldn't want to go on vacation with someone who has children. Reason being, my opinion of MY vacation is not trying to amuse someone elses children by doing what the want to do all day long, hearing them bright and early in the morning when I want to sleep in, etc... Now, I wouldn't mind a long weekend vacation with a kid because I do like to see them enjoy a different environment, but I'm not thinking a whole week.

Elle

Happy Camper!
I think it would depend on where you were vacationing. Will you be sharing a condo/hotel or will you have your own space? I mean can't vacation with these friends but still do your own thing while they do theres and then meet up to do activities together:shrug:

dreamland

Elle said:
I think it would depend on where you were vacationing. Will you be sharing a condo/hotel or will you have your own space? I mean can't vacation with these friends but still do your own thing while they do theres and then meet up to do activities together:shrug:

Well normally we do everything together. We would be sharing a condo.

janey83

Twenty Something
I'd say life is short, go ahead with the traditional vacation, and let your friends bring their baby. I'm sure that with having a new child, they probably need a vacation and want to spend time with you, and besides, the baby will mostly be napping or riding in a stroller most of the time anyway, right?

janey83

Twenty Something
:rolleyes: I know that babies require attention, but it's not like he/she is going to be running around or demanding where to spend the day.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
janey83 said:
:rolleyes: I know that babies require attention, but it's not like he/she is going to be running around or demanding where to spend the day.
No, but babies demand a lot of attention.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
janey83 said:
True. That will start in about 2-3 years.

janey83

Twenty Something
Dreamland, if it really bothers you -- suggest to your friends that they need to go on vacation with you & your husband alone, and to leave their son/daughter with a family member.

S

Short_Cake

nomoney said:
hey, they don't complain-they like having the house to themselves. :duh:

true, because then they don't have to sleep in the shopping cart together, they get to sleep in mommys bed... :lmao: