Know anything about these farms?

spellbound

Has anyone heard anything about Full Horsepower Farm, Spur of the Moment Farm, or St. Clement’s Stables ?

The latter two are listed in the Equiery's directory of riding and boarding stables.

R

remaxrealtor

spellbound said:
Has anyone heard anything about Full Horsepower Farm, Spur of the Moment Farm, or St. Clement’s Stables ?

The latter two are listed in the Equiery's directory of riding and boarding stables.

I've not heard of these, but after visiting a number of facilities today I decided to board my new gelding at Flat Iron Farm. Immaculate, great facilities, big stalls, and a huge heated arena w/ 200 acres to ride on. Out of what we looked at, nothing else held a candle.

W

WildHorses

That would be nice to know since each facility has something to offer. I, personally, haven't seen Flat Iron so I can't make an informed decision. However, I do applaud individuals who are bringing boarding and instruction to southern Maryland and really don't want to criticize anyone because they may not have the resources to build or heat an arena. Not really sure heating an arena is a good idea for the horses, but that's just me. :dance:

W

WildHorses

Sorry, I'm back again! You know, it may just be the mood I'm in, but seems like there's a lot of advertising going on in the forum today. Why can't we just talk without having to say some place is better than another, etc. Have to say appyday and her friends keep me entertained and I miss their banter.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
appyday said:
Rogers insurance was due last night at midnight...I had to put it on a credit card today..uggg $610 I would love to drop it but know he would drop :dead: the day I do

Heck, I didn't even KNOW they had horse insurance. Learn something new every day.

fredsaid2

remaxrealtor said:
I've not heard of these, but after visiting a number of facilities today I decided to board my new gelding at Flat Iron Farm. Immaculate, great facilities, big stalls, and a huge heated arena w/ 200 acres to ride on. Out of what we looked at, nothing else held a candle.
Remax - have you moved in already?

fredsaid2

Wherever you board, main barn/old barn/back barn, gets you full privilages. Where you turnout is what makes the difference. I don't think anyone has tried the trails, she'll be a groundbreaker. :smile:

barncat

The young one I ride is afraid of cows. The cows don't bother me much, it's the huge bull staring at us that freaks me out. All I can think is how little effort it would take for him to go through the electric fence and chase us down. I asked the owner of the bull if I should be worried and he said "No, I'm sure your horse can outrun the bull." :twitch:

My old boy was super, he grew up with cows and never gave them a second glance. I took him team penning once and he was game. Emus on the other hand he wasn't so sure about, took a little while to convince him that they were okay.

fredsaid2

Send the Amish horse out first, he's probably seen everything that can be found on a farm! Besides, someone needs to teach those cows a lesson, make it safe for the rest of us. :lol:

R

remaxrealtor

appyday said:
Where all did you go?? :confused:

Flat Iron and Holly Point, figured Glen mary was too far from the house to just run by whenever, but I've heard it's nice.

R

remaxrealtor

fredsaid2 said:
Remax - have you moved in already?

Have to get blood work done, I think Appy's gonna bring him over before month's end! :CAN'T WAIT: But it's really cool to be riding w/her again, we had fun today, except for her pony taking off w/ me bareback!LOL! I wish I could have seen that!!!!

fredsaid2

appyday said:
The stud liked this today on our trail ride..
All he!! would have broken loose and someone would've been doin' their best Madonna impression if we'd come across this!! :lmao:
So Remax, which barn are you in?

R

remaxrealtor

fredsaid2 said:
All he!! would have broken loose and someone would've been doin' their best Madonna impression if we'd come across this!! :lmao:
So Remax, which barn are you in?

I'm down in the back closer to the trails. BIG stall and it's nice and quiet down there. I don't ride english and I think that's more the deal up front, although the show barn is really nice. I'll have to put a buff and polish on my boy before I strut him through there! :lol:

PJay

remaxrealtor said:
I'm down in the back closer to the trails. BIG stall and it's nice and quiet down there. I don't ride english and I think that's more the deal up front, although the show barn is really nice. I'll have to put a buff and polish on my boy before I strut him through there! :lol:

Congrats on the horse, remax! Hope you'll post pictures

Is this the first horse you've ever owned?

Last edited:
R

remaxrealtor

Homesick said:
Congrats on the horse, remax! Hope you'll post pictures

Is this the first horse you've ever owned?

I worked at a stable for years but this is my first "honest to goodness all mine" horse! :lol: I rode the same horse for 6 years and he reminds me of her, quiet and gentle, happy to just hang out together and enjoy the day!
Thanks for the congrats! I'm a pretty happy girl today!

Attachments

• lou8.jpg
    lou8.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 95

fredsaid2

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. There's a new field boarder who loves to trail ride. The two of you will have to hook up. Congrats on making the leap. Soon Elam will know you on a first name-basis too! :lol: