I'm a WINNER!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
This past month I've been talking about going to Mortons or Bob's for their Open House/ Oktoberfest. Woke up this morning and was fidgeting around.. finally around 11:30 BG told me to go, if I didn't I'd just be whining about how I SHOULD have gone.. and then gone online and would have been upset with everyone else's stories of a good time

Well I went, got there around 1:30, and it was PACKED.. had to be 400 bikes in the parking lot (NO exaggeration) and the place was hopping. People going out on demo rides, people looking at each others bikes.. factory reps doing their best to drum up business (Gerbrings was there offering 25% off of their electric riding apparel) Nolans, Arai.. Helmet House, MotoLights, AirHawk seats.. all offering substantial savings..

Well, I promised BG I would keep my wallet in my pocket the best I could, but man was it hard, I Soooo wanted to spend some money. Well I decided before I left I was going to buy an RCU mount to put the XM radio and Radar Detector on.. but then somebody mentioned something about DOOR PRIZES at 2:30.. it was now 2:20... ran outside got my ticket the LAST one they gave out at 2:25 and the excitement grew.. they gave away hats, and t-shirts.. normal open house fare, then SIX new Nolan Helmets, to include new 100 E's, I was SOOO hoping they weren't going to call my number for a T-shirt or a hat.. and they didn't.. the prizes went up in value.. 6 hats, 6 T-shirts.. pair of BMW performance socks, 6 Nolan Helmets.. then a set of MOTOLIGHTS $$$$.. I just new they were going to call my number, and when they did, I was so expecting it I almost yelled out that's me, before they drew it, and sure enough it was me!! I WON SOMETHING.. a $350 set of driving lights!! YEAH ME!! :dance: :dance: :peace: :dance: :dance:

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
Congrats :yay: which ones did you get?
Noticed on the Motolight home page they were running a special instal price of $69 at Mortons this weekend.
I picked up the lights Saturday, and the $69 dollar install was a GREAT deal, but I couldn't do it, the mounting kit for my bike wasn't in stock, I'll do it myself when I get the mounting kit. The $69 was a one day thing, first come first served for the open house/ Oktoberfest celebration.. what a good time and great crowd, this event will be on my calendar next year for sure. Friend of mine gave me some feedback form Bob's, his turn out wasn't very good, and Bob didn't look too pleased with that fact. Think Morton's is putting a hurt on him, but Bob's location sucks.. no ROOM for an event like Morton's..

I won the caliper mount lights, and they don't look TOO hard to install for a DIY project... factory is shipping the install kit to the house so will find out Saturday!

I got the brushed polished finish.. and the price they quoted on that site was $375!! DAMN, them are expensive lights, and they usually charge another 125 - 150 to install them..

Last edited: