India Gardens

Triggerfish

We tried it tonight and I thought it as :yum: The place was almost empty. Nice atmosphere. Only problem is that we ordered assorted breads and one of the 3 types was a bit charred. Besides that it was very good. We will be going back.

fttrsbeerwench

It's in the old North Ridge building.. In front of the hotel next to Walmart....
They don't plan to do a real grand opening for another week.. The menu is getting a few touch ups and they need a few more staff before it gets realy busy..
The bar won't be open until Monday....
If anyone has any suggestions as to what kind of food, drinks or activities to have in the bar... Feel free to let me know. I'm helping get the bar up and running.:yay:
Anyone have a favorite DJ?
Unfortunatly, I can't work tomorrow... I have a nasty cold.. :bawl:
:nyquil####syouup:

The salmon malibar is AWESOME..

Triggerfish

Lunch 11AM to 2:30PM

Dinner Sun-TH 4:30 to 9:00
Fr-Sat 4:30 to 10:00

The butter chicken (tender boneless chicken cooked in tomato and onion gravy with a mild blend of aromatic spices) & the paneer makani (homemade cheese cooked in a fresh tomato sauce flavored with mild spices, butter, and cream) were awesome. :yum:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Just got back...

It was good! My husband had the Butter Chicken (*drool*...), and I had the Salmon Malabar lunch special (Not bad, but it was a bit bland). Add to that a coke and a mango lassi, and our bill was a respectable $25.00....not too shabby at all for a great lunch around here!

We were very impressed with the atmosphere of the place; they've really done a lot with it. Highly recommended!

T

tikipirate

I ordered take-out from India Gardens last night.

The first thing I noticed was that the prices are some of the highest I have ever seen at an Indian restaurant. The average entree is around $12.95, with mixed shish-kabob going for $19.95. I ordered the lamb Vindaloo and asked that it be prepared fiery spicy. I also ordered the bread basket.

After about 15 minutes the owner came out of the kitchen and asked if I was the one who ordered Vindaloo. I replied in the affirmative, and asked if it was fiery spicy. He smiled and said, "no." I repeated that I indeed wanted it fiery spicy.

But he was right. The Vindaloo was a half-filled container of tough lamb chunks in gravy. The flavor was pretty good, but it wasn't what I was expecting, nor what I specified in my order. Oddly, the Aloo Paratha that was included in the bread basket was as spicy as my Vindaloo.

The Indian Restaurant that closed in Sans Souci served superior food at 2/3 the price. I will give India Gardens another chance, but I expect it will be reduced to offering the $3.99 lunch buffet in 6 months and gone in a year.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
If a restaurant does not give a customer what he wants, that restaurant can expect to not have repeat business and eventually go out of business.

If you want this place to survive Triggerfish, you might want to pass tikipirate's comments on to the owner.

rush

Gourmand
2ndAmendment said:
If a restaurant does not give a customer what he wants, that restaurant can expect to not have repeat business and eventually go out of business.

If you want this place to survive Triggerfish, you might want to pass tikipirate's comments on to the owner.
I guess!you are right bot i think we all should give them a month or two to work out the kinks.
I haven't tried this restaurant as yet but i soon hope to do so. :howdy:

T

tikipirate

Here's something that I always wondered about, but now have an example to talk to.

If a person of true Chinese/Indian/Thai descent orders in an American Chinese/Indian/Thai restaurant, do they get served up the same pablum as us Yankees, or do they get the real magilla?

NAVAIR has a good business relationship with the Indian Air Force. If I take a group of BVS officers to India Garden, will they also get served beef tips in gravy?

Nabha Sparasham Deeptam - Touching the Sky with Glory

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tikipirate

Ouch! Got me some red karma!

I was serious about the above question. Will the management of an ethnic restaurant serve a more authentic dish to a person of the same ethnicity, realizing that this customer is familiar with the correct way to prepare that dish?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
We went there tonight. First customers in there. Took over a half hour to get our food. I ordered the lamb something w/coconut. The lamb was terrible. My hubby orderd the salmon thing with coconut. It was okay. All in all, I'd say I am NEVER eating their again. Service: Nice girl, but real slow. Food: The lamb was awful. I had diarreaha two minutes after I got home and we live about a mile and a half away. Price: $45 + tip for a bad meal. We had 3 glasses of wine between the 2 of us at $4.00 per glass (standard price, okay wine). The little appetizer thing they gave us before dinner was awful. JMHO

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
BS Gal said:
We went there tonight. First customers in there. Took over a half hour to get our food. I ordered the lamb something w/coconut. The lamb was terrible. My hubby orderd the salmon thing with coconut. It was okay. All in all, I'd say I am NEVER eating their again. Service: Nice girl, but real slow. Food: The lamb was awful. I had diarreaha two minutes after I got home and we live about a mile and a half away. Price: $45 + tip for a bad meal. We had 3 glasses of wine between the 2 of us at $4.00 per glass (standard price, okay wine). The little appetizer thing they gave us before dinner was awful. JMHO
[singalong] Put da lamb in da co co nut and flush it all down...put da lamb in da co co nut and flush it all down[/singalong]

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Pete said:
[singalong] Put da lamb in da co co nut and flush it all down...put da lamb in da co co nut and flush it all down[/singalong]
I had to take a pain killer to get rid of the cramps......

Pete

Repete
Glass of wine............$4

Lamb in coconut........$13

Having to rip your underwear off and run to the bathroom with your butt cheeks clenched because Tanji quit his job as a telemarketer and went to New Dheli cooking school and flunked sanitation...................priceless

:killingme

Last edited: