Tail of the Dragon on an UGLY bike

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Cool video :yay:

Ever been leaned over in a left hand turn when you suddenly realize your head is over the line and traffic is coming the other way :yikes:
:lol:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
Cool video :yay:

Ever been leaned over in a left hand turn when you suddenly realize your head is over the line and traffic is coming the other way :yikes:
:lol:
I've done it twice turning left onto 235... I think I came within inches of a vans front end one time.. eyes of the van driver were HUGE!!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Got my RIDER mag in the mail yesterday, there was a pic of a Tree of Shame at Deals Gap. Know anything about it?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Read about it a few months ago.. people that have wrecked their bikes or damaged their bikes leave bits and pieces hanging off of this tree..

Picture I saw had a gas tank, a few fairings, and other assorted bits and pieces..

Pete

Repete
Really cool right up to the point they passed the car on a blind curve that dumped into another blind curve going the other way. The chase bike passing the other bikes was another Einstien moment. Not only passing on a blind curve, he took the next curve all the way through on the wrong side of the road.

And people weep for morons when they kill themselves doing stupid stunts like that.

Do a search for V-Strom, one of the first results is a forum for V-Stom riders with a "In Memory of" header. Read the thread about that dudes crash/death a couple weeks ago and read the posts by his kids and tell me if those dudes in the video are worthy of awe or a kick in the ass.

Pete

Repete
Pete said:
Really cool right up to the point they passed the car on a blind curve that dumped into another blind curve going the other way. The chase bike passing the other bikes was another Einstien moment. Not only passing on a blind curve, he took the next curve all the way through on the wrong side of the road.

And people weep for morons when they kill themselves doing stupid stunts like that.

Do a search for V-Strom, one of the first results is a forum for V-Stom riders with a "In Memory of" header. Read the thread about that dudes crash/death a couple weeks ago and read the posts by his kids and tell me if those dudes in the video are worthy of awe or a kick in the ass.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KuUyKH1nY_w :whistle:

Foxhound

Finishing last
Pete said:

I'm with you there Pete my first thought was cool ride then I saw the double blind passes. I had to wonder I mean I like a thrill but that goes beyond just taking a risk.

bcp

In My Opinion
stop it

you're fixing to make me want to get a bike again.

we used to love the run on the BRP from Cherokee up to 64.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Speedy70 said:
:lol: That road is NOTHING like Skyline Dr.
:yikes: You ain't kidding. Hit it about 0900 this morning. Stayed in 2nd gear most of the time. Some corners are so sharp and banked, you can feel you suspension compress as you go around.

Got passed by a Goldwing :lol: felt bad about about it till I found out it's a guy that will follow the sportbikes thru and video tape the ride for you.
Saw the Killboy guy taking pics on the way back down and there was a great big wild turkey flapping his wings on the side of the road.

Foxhound

Finishing last
bcp said:
stop it

you're fixing to make me want to get a bike again.

we used to love the run on the BRP from Cherokee up to 64.

Get one!! Get one!!! I'll ride with ya man!!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Tree of Shame

At Deals Gap, there's a tree decorated with bits and pieces of bikes that wreck on the dragon.
e5ca28af.jpg