some good deals

dustin

UAIOE
Petter Solberg said:
Kewl, a 914. I want one.

How bout finding me a late 90's-2000 Tocoma or Frontier for 8k.
haha. I know where you can get a 2003 Dodge Dakota for 11,000 :biggrin:

B

Bruzilla

Nothing like wheelin' and dealin' for cars! My son wanted a Mitubishi 3000GT, but the cheapest he could find one was at a used car dealership for $2,200. It has a bad distributor but they have a new one for it, they just didn't want to spend the $700 for a dealership to put it in as the car is only worth about $4,000.

I went shopping on ebay and found a really nice, clean, 1995 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor for $300. I had to fly to NH to get it and drive it back down, which brought the cost to $600, but I took it over to the used car place where my son's 3000GT was and traded them straight-up for the car and the new distributor, which my son is installing.

So a little bit of time and the internet saved us $1,600. Not a bad deal.

dustin

UAIOE
Bruzilla said:
Nothing like wheelin' and dealin' for cars! My son wanted a Mitubishi 3000GT, but the cheapest he could find one was at a used car dealership for $2,200. It has a bad distributor but they have a new one for it, they just didn't want to spend the $700 for a dealership to put it in as the car is only worth about $4,000.

I went shopping on ebay and found a really nice, clean, 1995 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor for $300. I had to fly to NH to get it and drive it back down, which brought the cost to $600, but I took it over to the used car place where my son's 3000GT was and traded them straight-up for the car and the new distributor, which my son is installing.

So a little bit of time and the internet saved us $1,600. Not a bad deal.
Good deal man! Did he get the twin-turbo?

Petter Solberg

Sounds like an ok deal. The AWD turbo model was kinda neat although it was a pig. It should be a fun car for him.

Fenrir51 said:
Not for that price unless it had a blown engine :killingme 3000GT is a PITA, but atleast it looks nice.

Petter Solberg

Yup. I think that they also wanted racing that reflected more of what was available from the showroom. Still modern WRC cars are far from what a person can buy at the local Subaru dealer.

The group B's were awesome.
Kinda funny, but I also like the Group C prototype sports cars of the 80's.

Last edited:

Petter Solberg

I think that the 70's - 80's produced the coolest race cars.
F1, sports car, and Rally car racing were in their prime in my opinion. Heck, just think about it. Ya had the Group B rally cars, such as that Lancia and the Audi's. The Ferrari powered Lancia Stratos. The Can Am Porsche 917-30 . The 917's of Lemans. The 962 and the 935. Mercedes had that spectacular group C car. F1 had the 1.5 ltr Tag turbo's that were putting out over 1000bhp in qualifying trim. Neat cars

Fenrir51

aps45819 said:
Didn't Group B get outlawed because they were to fast?

Group B got killed because too many people were dying. The cars were too fast and too many spectators got run over. Why you ever stand 2 feet from the road beats the hell out of me.

Fenrir51

dustin said:
drop a SR20DET into that 510 :yay:

Or you could save money and buy a KA24D or DE and put some forged internals and slap a turbo on it. You save the cost of importing an engine and the KA is dime a dozen, not to mention it makes more torque then the SR20 with a turbo. :cheers:

Petter Solberg

Sounds like the Fast and the Furious :lmao:

Fenrir51 said:
Or you could save money and buy a KA24D or DE and put some forged internals and slap a turbo on it. You save the cost of importing an engine and the KA is dime a dozen, not to mention it makes more torque then the SR20 with a turbo. :cheers:

Fenrir51

Petter Solberg said:
Sounds like the Fast and the Furious :lmao:

Imported parts over nighted from japan.... :killingme

Buying an imported engine is nothing but a pain in the ass, its also not cost effective if you can do it with something domestic.