The Day Is Finally Here!

yakky doodle

After all the figuring, planning, etc., the day/s have finally arrived!

The split-rail fence goes in the ground this weekend!

A couple of you had said you would help out if you could, and this is by no means any pressure. But, I'm buying beer and food for those who do help out, and I need to know who will be here and how much stuff to get.

The plan is to start Saturday morning by digging the holes and setting the posts. Then Sunday, the rails go in and the wire gets put up on the inside (to actually contain the dogs).

Pretty easy, huh! :biggrin:

So, if those who are able to help out would let me know your beer preference (brand) and whether you'd prefer:

1)Pizza
2)Subs
3)Burgers

I'd be most appreciative! :biggrin:

PS -- Noone has to dig any holes by hand; a friend is bringing his auger/bobcat thing. Thought it'd be key to mention that! :wink:

Last edited:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
You picked the wrong weekend for me...
If it had been next weekend, I coulda helped ya...

But I'm going skiing Saturday...
and Sunday I'm likely to be unable to walk.

Sorry... *pout*

JabbaJawz

Be about it
We'd definitely help if I could, but we have our marriage preparation classes 2 weekends in a row - starting this weekend. Good luck, I'm sure it'll look GREAT!

MARSAM

i will help

what is the date and time , i have done a lot of contracting and i will do labor or anything mark

Christy

b*tch rocket
I volunteer to stand guard over the beer!!! :cheers: :wink:

We'll try and make it if the in-laws decide not to come down this weekend.

yakky doodle

Watching the weather

If the weather becomes a factor in doing this, we'll slip it to the following weekend or to when it next becomes possible to do it.

thanks much for everyone who has offered to help! heck, at this rate, it might turn into a one-day job! :biggrin: (which of course means we have the next day to drink beer too! :cheers:

Fine Print: Alcohol will only be provided for those who are of legal drinking age. :wink: Sorry, but I don't want a lawsuit (unless Ken can wriggle me out of it! :lol:)

Otter

Nothing to see here
Sorry, Yak, we have a family thing this weekend..Sxy will take my seat at the bar..:biggrin:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Let me know a time frame and if I can make it I will - as a farm girl with recent experience running a construction company I feel confident in my ability!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

yakky doodle

Originally posted by migtig
Let me know a time frame and if I can make it I will - as a farm girl with recent experience running a construction company I fell confident in my ability!:rolleyes:

:really: Do you now? :lol:

I'll let you know; trying to get a better handle on the weather first.

yakky doodle

Awaiting input from Rooster

But I'm going out on a limb and thinking that the fence will not be going in the ground this weekend. :frown: Unless we can sink the posts (which is the majority of 'em) that don't need cement ... :ohwell: