He will be missed...

I know that Pegster passed along that Cincy (aka Snowflake, the gray horse from Park Hall) died early Thursday morning. As his adoptive mom, I can't tell you how much I miss him and how much I wish I had been able to give him just a few more long happy years, instead of a few short happy months.

To make a very long story of a week short...on Monday, Cincy was down in the pasture and I was unable to get him up - until Dr. Benedict from Tidewater threatened to tube him to treat him for colic and deliver fluids, at which point he quickly got up on his own - and drank. We got through the colic with Banamine, and started treating a myriad of potential causes of his illness (toxemia?, septicemia?, tumor somewhere?, etc) with strong antibiotics. Through the colic, getting cast, dehydration (all of this in the rain and cold of earlier this week), etc, he seemed to be improving - at least, he was on his feet and grumpy again. I've never been so happy to have a horse give me an attitude.

Dr. B was set to come out yesterday morning to deliver IV fluids (still too sick to sedate for a NG tube), but Cincy had already passed. To my regret, I was not with him when (it looked like) he simply laid down and went to sleep. There was no struggle. Although his body was on the mend, his heart could no longer handle the strain.

We buried him last night in a beautiful spot in the pasture. I'm not talented to enough to post pics, but I'll pass the pic I took of him on the Saturday before he died to someone who can - and you all can see what a beautiful horse the world lost yesterday.

He was truly special and will be missed.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
foxxynhounds said:
I know that Pegster passed along that Cincy (aka Snowflake, the gray horse from Park Hall) died early Thursday morning. As his adoptive mom, I can't tell you how much I miss him and how much I wish I had been able to give him just a few more long happy years, instead of a few short happy months.
:huggy: You did your best.
Sorry for your loss.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
foxxynhounds said:
He was truly special and will be missed.

Yes, he will be. Thank you for all you and everybody else did. Cincy died knowing he was loved and that is the greatest gift you can give. :huggy:

Pegster710

The Pegster
jazz lady said:
Yes, he will be. Thank you for all you and everybody else did. Cincy died knowing he was loved and that is the greatest gift you can give. :huggy:

Thanks so much for the follow up...

MMDad

Lem Putt
I have met the people who caused this pain in the first place, and I really wish we could bury them in your pasture instead of the horse. Thanks for giving him a few months of what he should have had for his entire life.

Last edited:

greyhound

sigh....I followed the original thread about this horse. Just today I thought " I wonder what happened to the horse". It was great that you gave him a few comfortable months. A really good deed.

R

remaxrealtor

Having just gotten my horse and already feeling a real sense of attachment, it broke my heart to read your post. You gave him a great gift by taking him into your home and heart. God bless.

RajaMarie14

RajaMarie14
i am just glad you could help him. it's okay to feel sad just know that you did the best you could and i bet he appreciated that more than anyone could imagine! i bet he is watching over you right now :D RIP!!

R

remaxrealtor

I have been mailing back and forth with SMAWL about the animal fair and the topic of the Snowflake Society came up. It's a horse relief fund that is in this sweet boy's memory. I'm sorry if this is a re-post, but I'd like to come up with a fund raiser for them. Any ideas? I know we have some brilliant minds on here......