Helping this sat.

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
This sat. is a volunteer clean up day for the victims of the tornado. I did it last sun. and the people were very happy to see us. If you are interested please be at the Charles County Fair Grounds at 9am. They will put us into groups and then on buses to an area that needs help. The red cross is there to feed you and provide water. And you are brought back to the fair grounds for lunch. It is over at 5pm, but you can leave when ever. So please join me in supporting our community and helping. Just think if it happened to you, wouldn't you like the help. I will be there in jeans and a white shirt and a dark blue capitals hat if you want to be in a group together. Thanks!:cheesy:

Gunn317

Missi, you are right; these people could really use the help, and greatly appreciate it. After posting my previous post on how to help, I had contacted the People's Place in Charles County which is coordinating the volunteers and was there last Sunday helping out (I may have seen you!).

We travelled to 3 different home areas and helped clean up. Cutting up wood, dragging branches, stacking the wood and debris cleanup was the order of the day. There were 5 of us in our group of about 15-20 or so that had chainsaws, so everything moved real quick. We got to talk to an 85yr. old woman who was in her home as it went by, knocking over more than a dozen huge oak trees all around her house. We worked with a woman to cleanup her yard whose home and property was completely destroyed.

It was a good experience to help those who needed it. Do it!