gutter systems/ guards

snuzzy

Anyone have any recommendations for a system/guards that they have used and liked! Any warnings for ones that don't work? We have a particular problem with maple tree seeds (those little "helicopters"). TIA P.S. I have searched the forum for other threads on this topic and felt they were either out of date (2002), or not specific to these questions. :howdy:

willie

The only kind I know anything about are the curved mesh type that Lowes sells. They clip onto the front of the gutter with a hinge/clip and the other side just lays on top of the shingles. They work very well and Isabels wind didn't lift them off the shingles like I thought would happen.

snuzzy

Thank you for the info. We knew about the "one's at Lowe's", but weren't sure how they worked "in practice".

MMDad

Lem Putt
snuzzy said:
Thank you for the info. We knew about the "one's at Lowe's", but weren't sure how they worked "in practice".

I have looked at the gutter guards at the mall in Annapolis. They look awesome, but I don't know if they really work. Does anyone know what the rich people use?

willie

Something else:
The type I mentioned sold at Lowes easily hinge up and enable you to clean the pollen that will get through the screen. Oak trees are a PIA with that stuff.

snuzzy

Mikeinsmd said:
I had Bob Greene install new gutters with the wire guards about a year ago & I am happy with them.

Do you have a name brand for the king of wire guards he used? We're looking for something that will handle a heavy rain, noticed that some guards are fine with a light-moderate rain, but in a heavy rain the gutters are useless with them for diverting water away from the house.

Mikeinsmd

snuzzy said:
Do you have a name brand for the king of wire guards he used? We're looking for something that will handle a heavy rain, noticed that some guards are fine with a light-moderate rain, but in a heavy rain the gutters are useless with them for diverting water away from the house.
I really don't. They look like the ones you get at Lowes. These have handled everything fine so far.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Do they work for keeping out pine needles? I live in the middle of a pine forest and they're forever clogging the gutters.