Baking Element

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I would like some advice from the more experienced. My stove is electric and earlier this year the bottom baking element blew and rather than call the Home Warranty and have to miss a day of work I checked with two men about the process of changing the element.

After finding it easy enough I ordered the part from Lowe's parts people. It came and I chose a Saturday morn to change it. So I unscrewed it and pulled it out and BLITZ sparks flew. Needless to say the stove no longer worked up top or bottom and I ended up calling the home warranty people anyway.

I paid $75 in deductible after paying $42 for the part and the guy came in and turned the power off to the stove, tinkered, fixed it and discovered the baking element was blown. I fessed up to everything and gave him the part and he put it on explaining that I should have turned the power off at the converter box first. Hmm...

Well now it is eight months later and I am using the oven again because I want hotter meals since the season has changed and I notice the top baking element has blown. It looks a little more difficult than the bottom one. So, what should I do? TIA

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I'd have to see your oven to be sure, but it should be no different the the bottom one. An element is a simple thing, you just hook it up. But from the sounds of things, you should probably do as Rack'em says.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
It looks like it is connected more intricately to the burners above, and like I can do some damage. I will take you all's advice and spare myself and call them. Thanks so much!!!

This element would probably cost more than the first anyway and the warranty people will pay for the parts. I just don't want to take off from work. :mad: