I'm looking to get a Siamese

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
rack'm said:
either a chocolate or a seals point......KITTEN.

Where can I find one?
They're hard to find, so best of luck to ya!

My gf got lucky and found one in an animal shelter, but it only had 3 feet. (One leg was born with a stump). I've never seen such a sweet-tempered, social cat. Unfortunately, it couldn't be litter trained and had to be made an outdoor cat.

In Indianapolis, they'll set you back about $250 each. Mindboggling to me when you think about how many kittens are in animal shelters just waiting to be adopted for next to nothing.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
sleuth said:
My gf got lucky and found one in an animal shelter, but it only had 3 feet. (One leg was born with a stump). I've never seen such a sweet-tempered, social cat. Unfortunately, it couldn't be litter trained and had to be made an outdoor cat.

Poor cat.

rack'm

Jaded
appyday said:
How about a seal point himmy or do you like the loud obnoxious disposition the curtain climbing siamese over the layed back easy going personality of the himmy? If you are set on a siamese try the post...plan on speding $250-$350 which is not too much for a home raised felv fiv neg kitten...good luck

I personally love the Chocolate Siamese.......

Cute cat, but it looks like someonen slammed a door on it's face. :killingme

rack'm

Jaded
appyday said:
I had a lavender/cream oriental for many many years...I was at a cat show and an elderly couple I always saw at the shows had them...then the next show it was only the old man and he was placing all the cats..his wife had died...I took Chiba..I brought her home and she knocked every curtain down..shower curtain and the spice rack off the wall (she litterally was just scared to death and climbing walls...) then we did not see her for a week..when she came out from hiding she was the best cat we ever had..she would stand on the floor and jump to your shoulder..she was a great cat...

That's why I want a kitten, something that the kids can grow up with.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
cattitude said:
Poor cat.
Yep.. couldn't believe someone dumped it at a shelter just because it was missing a paw.
Guess they couldn't sell it. :ohwell:

The bad thing is... we were never able to get it litter trained. We tried for MONTHS, but it would only use the litter box if it the box was in the crate with it at night. We think the litter hurt his paw, but we tried newspaper, different types of litter, sawdust, everything. But he wouldn't take to it.

So we had to give him to her parents, and they let it run outdoors.
It's not safe for him considering he can't move fast or defend himself as well, but he seems to do ok there.

My gf loves to adopt animals with stories. It's hard to keep her in check. Her other cat was found in a car engine after a cross-country trip, badly burned and missing a few whiskers. Yet another very sweet-tempered cat. She actually wanted me to track down that cat that got trapped on the Pax River bridge and adopt it.

Last edited:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I want what I believe is called a cream point himmy. The vet is use to work for (ATTENTION DOWHAT) had one and it was beautiful.

rack'm

Jaded
sleuth said:
The bad thing is... we were never able to get it litter trained.

It makes sense if you think about it........how was he supposed to cover his business without falling over??

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
sleuth said:
Yep.. couldn't believe someone dumped it at a shelter just because it was missing a paw.
Guess they couldn't sell it. :ohwell:

The bad thing is... we were never able to get it litter trained. We tried for MONTHS, but it would only use the litter box if it the box was in the crate with it at night. We think the litter hurt his paw, but we tried newspaper, different types of litter, sawdust, everything. But he wouldn't take to it.

So we had to give him to her parents, and they let it run outdoors.
It's not safe for him considering he can't move fast or defend himself as well, but he seems to do ok there.

My gf loves to adopt animals with stories. It's hard to keep her in check. Her other cat was found in a car engine after a cross-country trip, badly burned and missing a few whiskers. Yet another very sweet-tempered cat. She actually wanted me to track down that cat that got trapped on the Pax River bridge and adopt it.

Let me be more specific...poor cat for being left outside all the time.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
rack'm said:
It makes sense if you think about it........how was he supposed to cover his business without falling over??
Good point. Hadn't thought of that.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had a Blue Point Siamese when I was a kid. I dressed Ivor up in my doll clothes and put him in my baby buggy and walk him around the block. :lol:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
cattitude said:
Let me be more specific...poor cat for being left outside all the time.
No... he's allowed inside. He's inside a lot.
But now he only will use the bathroom when he's outside, much like a trained dog.
Now it's a matter of fighting the fleas. :lol:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
My stepmother just adopted a little seal-point kitten. He is gorgeous. Except, he has a neurological disorder and bob's his head all the time. He walks like he's walking though something sticky and he can't jump up and down off of things like other cats. He kinda just scales up stuff with his claws and falls off when he wants down. It isn't a cureable condition, but it isn't life threatening either. He is an absolute sweatheart. He loves to be held and cuddled. She got him from a vet office she works at. Some lady just walked in and dumped him saying "I don't want this one, somethings wrong with it." Apparently the woman breeds them and dumps the "unwanted" cats at vet offices and shelters all over town. She named him "Bob" and he's the best cat ever.