Cruise suggestions

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I am sure there must be quite a few of you here that have taken a cruise.
Any suggestions on places to go and the best time of year. I have always wanted to go on one and am thinking about planning one for the spring.

I have an aunt and uncle that have been on many cruises to many places and they have said that the Alaskian Cruise was the best cruise ever... by far... hands down...:yay: :yay:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
kwillia said:
I have an aunt and uncle that have been on many cruises to many places and they have said that the Alaskian Cruise was the best cruise ever... by far... hands down...:yay: :yay:

I tend to like warmer places myself but I bet they saw some beautiful scenery.

Tigerlily said:
I am sure there must be quite a few of you here that have taken a cruise.
Any suggestions on places to go and the best time of year. I have always wanted to go on one and am thinking about planning one for the spring.

Take me along and I will be your cabana boy:yay: :lmao:

Elle

Happy Camper!
We are planning to go on our first cruise in June. After a lot of researching, we decided on Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas leaving out of Baltimore for 9 nights in the Western Caribbean (Freeport Bahamas, Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Port Canaveral). It's a little pricier than those that leave out of Florida but the convenience of leaving from Baltimore we hope will be worth it.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I've never done an Alaskan cruise, so I can't speak to that, but I've been on two Norweigan lines trips through the Caribbean, and both were spectacular. If, as you say, you're into warmer cruising, then a Caribbean cruise is definitely a good way to get your bearings as to the industry.

Eastern Caribbean is going to be more beaches and islands (usually Florida Keys, Bahamas, Virgin Islands, etc.), while Western Caribbean will likely highlight Jamaica and Mexico, which would give you a chance for shore excursions to see things like Mayan ruins.

Depending on your interests your preference may vary, but if I had it to do again, I'd definitely choose the Western Caribbean routes.

For something more adventurous, cruises throughout South American ports, the Mediterranean, and even to Antarctica are said to be tremendous.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Elle said:
We are planning to go on our first cruise in June. After a lot of researching, we decided on Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas leaving out of Baltimore for 9 nights in the Western Caribbean (Freeport Bahamas, Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Port Canaveral). It's a little pricier than those that leave out of Florida but the convenience of leaving from Baltimore we hope will be worth it.

Now that sounds nice.Thanks for your input.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Tigerlily said:
Now that sounds nice.Thanks for your input.
ever been sea sick??? a cruise leaving out of the chesapeake bay often starts with a little rolling just outside of Va beach. that means one whole day of being miserable :confused:

suzeQ

Occasional User
We have been on a few cruises and enjoyed them all. For your first one, I would suggest no more than 3-5 days out. Carnival is nicknamed the 'party ships' and they live up to the name. It really didn't matter where the cruise went, because the party was on the ship. We always got off at the various ports and enjoyed the local fare.
Go to carnival.com or vacationstogo.com and sign up for their newsletters. If you can leave on short notice, you can get some really good deals. Went have been on five cruises and are already planning for the next two! Have fun.

amjsnj

I love cruises. This past January we went to the western caribbean and it was 70 - 75 degrees. I was hoping it would of been warmer, but it was nice. We went to Cozumel, had a great time, dont remember much to many margaritas at Carlos & Charlies. We also went to Jamaica, good time, it rained the whole day, but we hung at Margaritaville all day. Grand Cayman, BORING, BORING. I also have been to the eastern caribean, puerto rico, antigua, st thomas, greneda, etc. That is my favorite. Also more expensive then the western caribbean. As far as cruise ships, I believe they all are good, but if you want to really be catered to I suggest Celebrity Cruises. Also, fyi, Carnival is known as the redneck cruise and that is exactly what it is with lots and lots of children running around. Good luck on your decision and remember any cruise is a good cruise :cheers:

W

Wenchy

Bermuda was GORGEOUS. I went on the Norwegian Crown right out of Baltimore. The ship and personnel were fantastic. I will go again, and will go Norwegian ( I didn't care for Carnival ) Google and take a look. I believe they offer spring and fall cruises to Bermuda.

snuzzy

Went on a Western Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas, 2nd biggest ship on the seas (2 years ago), but the ship was so large that you really don't feel the "rolling of the seas". No sea sickness! We went in July and the weather was perfect for the whole week, Grand Cayman's, swam with the stingrays, Cozumel-the Mayan ruins, great food! Good luck, have a great time, what ever you choose :cheers: !

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
We took a Carnival Cruise to the Western Caribbean this August, and had a blast. It was our first cruise, but definitely won't be our last. Carnival is definitely a "party" cruise line, but that's what we were looking for. We were pampered 24/7, and there was always something fun to do. Our ship was the Carnival Conquest, and we sailed out of New Orleans, down the Mississippi River, and out into the Gulf. (Now they sail out of Galveston) The weather was gorgeous (hot, just the way I like it), and the excursions we chose were awesome. We went to Grand Cayman and swam with the stingrays, Montego Bay Jamaica-horseback riding into the ocean, and Cozumel for a Mayan Ruins tour. There was also a Mardi Gras celebration on Tuesday night that was a blast. :yay: It was definitely a memorable experience, and a whole lotta bang for your buck. I'd even like to do a "Cruise to Nowhere", and stay on the ship the whole time. :lol: