I need some ideas

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
A group of girlfriends and I exchange Christmas ornaments each year, in lieu of gifts. This year, they want to exchange Christmas decorations, in lieu of ornaments. Anybody have any ideas of something I can make?
Please keep in mind I have the following limitations:

• I am 0% crafty
  • I am officially on short-term disability ('cause of my back), so the less of C_Jo's money I have to spend, the better
  • I #### up everything I touch
  • I can't cut in a straight line
  • I am 0% crafty

I can sew on a button and do a standard crochet stitch. One time, I did a cross-stitch project. And I can latch hook like a mofo.

TIA. :flowers:

I don't like "country" looking stuff or plastic.

TIA. :flowers:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Go buy a pack of tinsel. Merry Christmas.
:lmao: I'm so pissed. The ornament deal was great! It was easy and fun and inexpensive to look for ornaments that fit each girl. Why'd they have to go screw with it? :tantrum

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
Find new friends before Christmas. :yay:
Fer real. Did I mention :tantrum ??

And I thought I'd get out of it with, "I'll probably be recovering from back surgery" (we always go to brunch at Jasper's the Sunday before Christmas), but noooooo: "If you can't get out, we'll bring brunch to you!" :tantrum

This is why I love Mrs. Jones. She expects nothing and that's what she gets and she loves me anyway. :lol: :huggy:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
K_Jo said:
This is why I love Mrs. Jones. She expects nothing and that's what she gets and she loves me anyway. :lol: :huggy:
My best friend and I are like peas and carrots, and we usually don't buy each other gifts. We'll spend the day together getting some Christmas shopping done or just chit-chatting over lunch, and the time spent is the gift. I miss her so much. :bawl:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
Or homemade Christmasy candles. Buy some pretty jars, pour some candle wax in it and call it a day! :cheers:
If I buy you some expensive, grey pants, that fit like they were made just for you, will you do that for me?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
K_Jo said:
If I buy you some expensive, grey pants, that fit like they were made just for you, will you do that for me?
Yes. I will meet you at Pentagon City on Saturday. What colors do you want?

Pete

Repete
Buy a lobster and eat it. While cracking the claw be very careful only to crack a small opening near the wrist joint.

Soak them in bleach overnight and dry.

Get a small peice of red felt. Roll into a cone like a santa hat. Trim as neccessary.

Hot glue it to the lobster claw covering the hole you extracted the meat from with the wide part of the claw on the bottom.

Get a small wooden spool and drill a hole in the side. Find a wooden dowel the size of the hole and glue it in the hole. Cut the dowel and make a pipe. Paint it black then hot glue it in the joint of the claw.

Find some gold colored wire. Bend it into the shape of small eyeglasses. Hot glue it to the lobsterclaw.

When done correctly it looks like an old man wearing glasses, a Santa hat and smoking a pipe.

Not alot of skill involved. Total cost for 2 ornaments about $20 and you get to eat lobster.

The ex saw this somewhere and decided to make them for a Christmas store in Wisscasset Maine. I made about 50 of them and they sold for about 15 a peice to tourists.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Buy a lobster and eat it. While cracking the claw be very careful only to crack a small opening near the wrist joint.

Soak them in bleach overnight and dry.

Get a small peice of red felt. Roll into a cone like a santa hat. Trim as neccessary.

Hot glue it to the lobster claw near where the hole you extracted the meat from with the wide part of the claw on the bottom.

Get a small wooden spool and drill a hole in the side. Find a wooden dowel the size of the hole and glue it in the hole. Cut the dowel and make a pipe. Paint it black then hot glue it in the joint of the claw.

Find some gold colored wire. Bend it into the shape of small eyeglasses. Hot glue it to the lobsterclaw.

When done correctly it looks like an old man wearing glasses, a Santa hat and smoking a pipe.

Not alot of skill involved. Total cost for 2 ornaments about $20 and you get to eat lobster.

The ex saw this somewhere and decided to make them for a Christmas store in Wisscasset Maine. I made about 50 of them and they sold for about 15 a peice to tourists.
Allll I was laughing til I realized you're serious. :huggy:

Pete

Repete
K_Jo said:
Allll I was laughing til I realized you're serious. :huggy:
The ex got the claws when she was working in a restuarant. they had "Lazymans lobster" where they took the meat out. She would hoard the claws and bring them home.

I had an assembly line going. I am not crafty and being that I do not resemble a metrosexual in any way I was not interested until I realized I could make $500 for about 4 hours of goofing off. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Pete said:
The ex got the claws when she was working in a restuarant. they had "Lazymans lobster" where they took the meat out. She would hoard the claws and bring them home.

I had an assembly line going. I am not crafty and being that I do not resemble a metrosexual in any way I was not interested until I realized I could make $500 for about 4 hours of goofing off. :lmao:
Lord, help us all. Think what you could do with crabs around here.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Ooooh, you could direct your own version of A Christmas Carol!!! Or It's a Wonderful Life!!!! Or Jack Frost!!!