Bike Project!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
What's a Techlusion?
and doesn't the bodywork muffle your horns?
Dobeck Performance makes the Techlusion.. make for most twin cylinder and big cruiser bikes. Similar to the Power Commander but 1/3 the price.. and since they gave me the military discount, my price went from $250 to $100.. Bike is MUCH smoother, and the power is noticeably improved.
Well, the second horn, the one in the rear, was stuffed up in the wires under my front fairing, not attached to anything. The front horn was already there, so just brought the second horn to there. Actually both horns blow right out the bottom of the side fairing..

Farkle is farkle.. Got my Hyperlite brake light, Moto-Light driving lights, Techlusion.. GPS that I have to mount still.. and coming soon Auto-Com

If anyone wants to add music, intercom, bike to bike coms, voice GPS.. etc.. Auto-com is 1/2 price until they run out of this years stock.. look up Autocom on the internet to see what I am talking about.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pete said:
Not alot to that bike when you get all the tupperware off it is there?
It's still 1150CC.. not much to it, but still considered a BIG bike.

make for a cool rat bike though.. take off the tupperware and it is UGLY!! Course just the gas tank alone makes a HUGE difference in appearance.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
itsbob said:
It's still 1150CC.. not much to it, but still considered a BIG bike.
Not so much anymore. My 1100 is now refered to as a middleweight in the moto-press. Understandable now that Triumph has a 2300cc and Kawasaki has a 2000cc on the streets and 1800cc's are common.

ylexot

Super Genius
itsbob said:
take off the tupperware and it is UGLY!! Course just the gas tank alone makes a HUGE difference in appearance.
:lmao: I know what you mean. I took most of the plastics off my bike so I don't mess them up if I wreck while learning...UGLY!

Also, at some point I'd like to get a Garmin Rhino 530 (or maybe 520)...waterproof color GPS with turn-by-turn AND an FRS radio. If only it had an MP3 player too... :lol:
http://www.garmin.com/products/rino530/

itsbob

I bowl overhand
ylexot said:
:lmao: I know what you mean. I took most of the plastics off my bike so I don't mess them up if I wreck while learning...UGLY!

Also, at some point I'd like to get a Garmin Rhino 530 (or maybe 520)...waterproof color GPS with turn-by-turn AND an FRS radio. If only it had an MP3 player too... :lol:
http://www.garmin.com/products/rino530/

Check out Auto-Com for the interface for all this.. includes the GPS "Talking" through speakers in your helmet, but your GPS has to have an audio out.. I THINK the 2610 is what most are going for.

And XM's ROADY two is a great complement to the Autocom system.. It has the audio plugs and volume controls like a walkman.

B

bennydafig

Pete said:
What is the big woop about GPS? I generally know where I am going and I have a map.
I want it for Rally's..

The rally usually lasts between 24 and 48 hours, about 3 hours prior to the start you get the list of bonus' and have the three hours to plan your ride to get the most points (based on miles driven, and bonus' collected). You use the paper maps to set your route and waypoints, then upload them into your GPS. Saves hours on the road, and when they are timing gas stops to 3 minutes, every minute counts.

I followed a few of them this year, and they sound like a lot of fun.. no way can you do it without a GPS and be in the top half of finishers..

Pete said:
What is the big woop about GPS? I generally know where I am going and I have a map.
I never gave it a 2nd thought either until my mother got it in her new vehicle... it's beyond cool and quite useful...:yay:

dustin

UAIOE
kwillia said:
I never gave it a 2nd thought either until my mother got it in her new vehicle... it's beyond cool and quite useful...:yay:
i'd like to borrow one so i'd know how fast i'm going. my speedo is off about 5mph (i think)

dustin

UAIOE
bennydafig said:
I want it for Rally's..

The rally usually lasts between 24 and 48 hours, about 3 hours prior to the start you get the list of bonus' and have the three hours to plan your ride to get the most points (based on miles driven, and bonus' collected). You use the paper maps to set your route and waypoints, then upload them into your GPS. Saves hours on the road, and when they are timing gas stops to 3 minutes, every minute counts.

I followed a few of them this year, and they sound like a lot of fun.. no way can you do it without a GPS and be in the top half of finishers..
Ever done SCCA Rallycross?

dustin said:
i'd like to borrow one so i'd know how fast i'm going. my speedo is off about 5mph (i think)
Good idea. I've been thinking mine was off too and never even thought about my GPS. You can borrow it when I'm done.