My learning experience

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
So, I go for a ride with the hubby. Then I decide to take my little bike down the street. I get out to the driveway end and haven't decided to go left or right so go straight across the road and kill it. Then I walk it around manually and head left and then actually make the turn at the cul-de-sac and come back up (blow through the stop sign cause I really don't need to stop) and finally figure out 3rd gear.......I'm just playing.....It's so much easier to ride at 25 than it is at 10 mph. Oh, and I got it registered. Next is the permit test.

dustin

UAIOE
Just keep riding around on the 25mph backroads.

Watch out for cars pulling out.

Practice stopping really fast too.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
dustin said:
Just keep riding around on the 25mph backroads.

Watch out for cars pulling out.

Practice stopping really fast too.
I"m so proud. I'm using the BACK brake now.

dustin

UAIOE
appyday said:
I have a 4 wheeler now I ride to the barn...The other day my buckets fell off the back..I turned around and went to get them..I was in sweats..I about fell off and the 4 wheeler went without me...I hate it...I turned it off and turned off the lights in the barn too. Then I could not figure out how to get it back on or find the lights..I walked up the hill again..did I tell you I hate this thing..I am headed to the barn now..I will be walking my fat arse..
you just need more "saddle time"

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
dustin said:
good on ya! practice and patience will pay off :yay:
It was only when my sis, aka harley tatoo woman (not on this forum), told me that nobody behind me would know I was braking unless I used the back brake and the light came on, that I realized how important the back brake was. We have a LOT more training to do.......I'm loving it, though. Got my leather jacket today to protect me when I fall over. That is bound to happen, based on the posts I have seen on here.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
appyday said:
I did tie a big piece of chainlink fence to it and "drag" my fields pretty good yesterday...
I barely missed going into the ditch........

Eagle1

BS Gal said:
It was only when my sis, aka harley tatoo woman (not on this forum), told me that nobody behind me would know I was braking unless I used the back brake and the light came on, that I realized how important the back brake was.

I dont know about harleys but most bikes the brake light comes on with either brake not just the back brake,besides that your front brake provides about 70% of your stopping power so it is a good idea to use them both.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
BS Gal said:
It was only when my sis, aka harley tatoo woman (not on this forum), told me that nobody behind me would know I was braking unless I used the back brake and the light came on, that I realized how important the back brake was.
:lol: The brake switch is probably broken on your sisters Harley. :lol:
If you turn the ignition (don't start it) on and slowly pull on the front brake lever, you can hear the click of the brake light relay.
...and it's always a good idea to either stop at a corner or decide which way you're going before you get there. :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
BS Gal said:
It's so much easier to ride at 25 than it is at 10 mph. Oh, and I got it registered. Next is the permit test.
The wheels on your bike act as gyroscopes that stabilize the bike and keep it upright as you're going down the road. The faster you go the harder it is to fall over. It also increases the effort required to change direction.
Every bike rodeo I've ever been to includes a slow ride contest. Try and see who can take the longest to cover a certian distance without touching your feet to the ground or wandering off course.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
aps45819 said:
:lol: The brake switch is probably broken on your sisters Harley. :lol:
If you turn the ignition (don't start it) on and slowly pull on the front brake lever, you can hear the click of the brake light relay.
...and it's always a good idea to either stop at a corner or decide which way you're going before you get there. :lmao:
Must be. She told me nobody would know I was stopping if I didn't use the back brake. She has messed with my mind since I was a small child.......Or, perhaps the brake switch on her bike IS broken.......

jbooty

Keep trying BS Gal.. let me know when you're ready to graduate up to the next size.. I'm looking to sell mine.. Will be getting my new one as soon as they come in!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
jbooty said:
Keep trying BS Gal.. let me know when you're ready to graduate up to the next size.. I'm looking to sell mine.. Will be getting my new one as soon as they come in!
What are you selling and what are you looking for?

dustin

UAIOE
BS Gal said:
Must be. She told me nobody would know I was stopping if I didn't use the back brake. She has messed with my mind since I was a small child.......Or, perhaps the brake switch on her bike IS broken.......
If your brake light doesn't come on when you use the front brake then either you have a REALLY weak right hand or there is something wrong with your bike and you should take it back to the dealer you bought it from for them to fix it.

A non functioning brake light relay might affect your MSF completion or MD inspection as well. Although I'm not sure.

Bluewolf1953

2003 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado 1600

For Sale....2003 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado 1600 fylly loaded with lots of extras and chrome. This bike is loaded and maxed out with accessories. 10,000 miles on it and all of the service done on it has either been done at the dealer or at Motovation Cycles. All accessories purchased at Motovation Cycles except the Vance and Hines Long Shot pipes. Will send pics to anyone requesting them. All original parts go to the new owner that takes this very loud, very fast, and very clean. Paid $1299.00 brand new off of the showroom floor and this bike has only spent one night outside. Over $3,000.00 in accessories. Asking $11,500.00 but will entertain a reasonable offer. Have a great day!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dustin said:
A non functioning brake light relay might affect your MD inspection. Although I'm not sure.
:lol: Pretty sure it won't pass inspection if the brake lights don't come on when you apply the brakes.