SMTR Judged Trail Ride

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I'll be there! Anyone else? SMTR Judged ride You don't have to ride the judged portion, you can just do the ride. My lil one will do that.

Appy...your gelding would do quite well. I told Percy I'd help her with the club, after i got several very nice apologies for the parade thingie, now I've been nominated for secretary :lol: am i a sucker or what?

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I and my family are going. Some of us will be judges :whistle: I'm sure a quiet paso will do well Appy :flowers: I don't know what happened that you are ticked with SMTR and I'm sorry that you are. They need all the support they can find - for rides and members - and shouldn't be stepping on anyones toes. Ppppplllleeeeaaasssseeeee reconsider. :dance:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Appy do come. All I have seen is pics of your paso and would love to see you guys in ACTION. It is a 10-11 mile ride we marked it on Sun. They will add the judged obsticles (mis.sp) this Sat. so I cant speak of those, but the ride is GREAT!!!

mingiz

Horse Poor
The ride at PJ's is always a good ride. Just go for the ride at a differnet place. Show your man off!!! :peace:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
Your an ass kisser...when she apologies to me then I will except it...till then :lalala: I was the one that had to pick up slack at the last minute if you remember... :coffee:
Hey that was your choice, I was just gonna BAG it :lol:
It was fun watching you though.............

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
We spent more money and time preparing for it...it was not fair..SMTR did us wrong on that one and you know it..
OK, look at the bright side, now you know you can do parades under your own farm name...with all those Pasos and you can always dress in the tradition of your horses. :biggrin: there...feel better? :huggy:

R

remaxrealtor

appyday said:
Actually yes I do...I would not want to be associated with SMTR if that is the way they conduct their business and treat their members/acquaintances. It still pisses me off...and never an apology or anything they acted like what they did to us was ok..and I am suprised you are giving into them like you are..You my dear were mad too and said you would not suport them...:buttkiss: wonder what they have over you .. :lmao:
Oh Appy, I admire your spunk!

Sorry I couldn't go today. We're going for a trail ride into Take It Easy Ranch on Sat. at 2, any chance you can go?

R

remaxrealtor

appyday said:
If hubby takes the van and not the truck hunting I can go............2 pm tomorrow?? Had a nice ride today..
OOPS! It's 2 pm on SUNDAY. I have to work tomorrow.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Got back from the SMTR ride this afternoon - what a wonderful ride! It is a shame it is so hard to find the judged rides. Two of my boarders and lesson kids, young teens that are also sisters, took first in their age division - what a treat for them! They have really been working hard with their horses and it was nice to let them see the rewards for their efforts!!! Another young lady that I teach took her new young horse - we just got him yesterday for her - went and it was a great experience to see where he is (actually pretty awesome) and what they need to work on. They learn they don't have to go racing through the woods willy nilly but to sit back, enjoy the view, and have a relaxing ride. We did canter a good bit once we got done with the judged part but the horses were relaxed and not silly.
I did hear that one group had trouble and one of the riders may have gone to the hospital with a broken leg. I hope that was not true, may have been a bad bruise or sprain. We had to leave before everyone got back.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
the kid didn't break anything....just a precaution to be checked. :biggrin: the fellow should be kissed by the young lady who was originally riding the horse, the young man did the chivalrous thing and volunteered to give up his quiet trail horse for the high spirited silly horse she was riding, that ultimately slipped and fell on him, then promptly galloped off down the road while rounding a corner. He was rounded up, and they are both fine!!
Both my daughter and myself also placed nicely in our divisions! Preggie placed 3rd on Cheyenne in adult youth and I placed a respectable 6th in my class on Tequila (both my horses)....i won't say what they called my class :lol: WHAT a gorgeous day and ride!!

R

remaxrealtor

It was a glorious day, wasn't it? We rode out to Take It Easy Ranch and around the lake. Finally, Lou has found a canter, but I probably should have held off on it with the torn hamstring. I'm paying for it now!:stupid:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I was at the SMTR ride I didn't hear of anyone getting hurt. Yes it was a great ride day. There was a good turn out also. Happyappy I didn't see you there. I was on my pal paint. She didn't care for the guy in the big bad orange vest that was at the road crossing with the 4 wheeler. Of course he didn't move or say anything. Which made it worst. But we made it. I think that SMTR should have the local sheriffs dept sit at the road crossings so traffic will atleast maybe slow down or even stop them. Years ago they had that on a few rides that I went on. Just alot safer for everyone...

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
the young man has ridden way hotter horses than this 24 YO arab. He loves a challenge and is open to the reactions of his actions. Running a hot headed horse is one way to bring one down (mentally and physically) and then there is offering a job (ie bending, flexing, gait and direction) to attempt to "gain the brain" both can work, one is quicker (and more exciting to some) and one requires lots of patients and direction and is MUCH safer. The young man, who breaks horses in VA., chose the first method mentioned. The safer method is not always appealing to teen age boys unfortunately.
The owner of the arab was happy to ride his horse of the day, which was a large Belgum, not for the reason that she could not "handle" her mount she hasown least 15 years and is very fluent with him (even on his worst days) but she jammed her finger on the horn of the saddle and believed it broke. So, as the young man was dying to get off the slow Belguim and on the dancing Arab, she too was happy to ride a draft horse for the first time.

The young man sustained a dislocated ankle and a fractured calf bone. He was sent to the ER and released the same day. He told me that "this is the first bone I have broken on a horse, but I know it wont be the last." He is a tough kid and I am sure has learned something from this incident which will make him a stronger rider.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
When it comes to crossing the highway, who are we to ask the traffic to STOP for us. Then the drivers and familys are at risk of the rear-endder at a high rate of speed. We are the folk out there wanted to get to point B, which happens to be on the other side of a State highway. This is our responsibility, not the traffics.

The crosser is there to lump your group together and announce when there is nothing comming from either direction or an ample gap for that size group to go. Then it is your responsibility to move QUICKLY across the road when you TOO look in both directions.

The orange vest was worn for his safety.
He was not there to spook horses that would be why he stayed very still when a horse had a problem with his presence. He also did not use his 4-wheeler during the ride until he saw a ridderless horse running thru the field towards the highway. Which at that point he stopped all traffic and the horse bolted across. Then he and a rider fled toward the area the horse headed, cut him of and caught him. With out the 4-wheeler (stopping traffic and going 60 mph to get ahead of the horse on the highway) and a very experienced FAST ridder in pursuit, this horse may of made it to Leonardtown :lol:
In addition to all of that drama a passer-by literally traded his truck for a horse to hold so that another ridder (a stranger) could join in on the pursuit in HIS truck. A selfless act from a complete animal loving stranger - I thought that was awsome.

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
YOWZA! i can speak from experience when it comes to breaking bones :lol: NOT fun!
I saw that lovely horse...what a beauty! Palomino wasn't it?

Last edited:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
hi Happyappy it was good seeing you, Im just sorry that we did not get time to put-put on the ride with eachother. And yes he was palamino with flax main/tail. What a sweet!

Appyday were U there? With 96 riders I missed many of you, and most riders were non-judged and left so early. That was a social stinker!!!

Last edited: