Repairing headliner

slotted

I just bought a 92 Saab 900, only major problem with the car is that the headliner is loose. Does anyone know someone in the area that will repair the headliner?

slotted said:
I just bought a 92 Saab 900, only major problem with the car is that the headliner is loose. Does anyone know someone in the area that will repair the headliner?
Try Walker's on Chancellors Run.

dustin

UAIOE
If it's really bad I'd say take out the whole headliner and it's mounting surface, scrape off the foam, and paint it black. Then reinstall. :yay:

3M makes some spray adhesive that I hear works well. The problem is the way most adhesives work, when they come in contact with foam it tends to melt the foam.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
FastCarsSpeed said:
if you search around most upholstery shops will redo it for about 40-90.00..
Let me know where you can get one done in that price range. I was doing them for a shop back in 1986 and the typical cost was in the $150 range.

Ken King

PREMO Member
slotted said:
This site has the material and gives directions for doing it yourself. You could probably save big bucks. You probably only need two yards of material and the adhesive if the headliner is the glued on type (not familiar with the Saab).

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
slotted said:
D & G Kustom in Leonardtown is awesome. 301-475-3808 :howdy:

slotted

Ken King said:
This site has the material and gives directions for doing it yourself. You could probably save big bucks. You probably only need two yards of material and the adhesive if the headliner is the glued on type (not familiar with the Saab).
Thanks for the info Ken. I've found similar products on the web, but I don't really feel like doing it myself.

Ken King

PREMO Member
slotted said:
Thanks for the info Ken. I've found similar products on the web, but I don't really feel like doing it myself.
They can be a pain in the arse that's for sure and messy, but I suspect that any shop is going to hit you with at least a $150 charge.

slotted

Ken King said:
They can be a pain in the arse that's for sure and messy, but I suspect that any shop is going to hit you with at least a $150 charge.
Looks like I may be doing it myself. I'm going to continue to check around though. D & G Customs told me $225-300, or $300-400 if they have to remove the back window to get it out. :killingme