Help With My Pc

LPMEDIC

Doin the duty for you....
Wanted to know if anyone has any advice for me....

My PC starts up and goes to the Windows XP (Pro) startup screen and says "Please wait Windows Loading" . So far so good.. Then it shuts down and re-starts.. But when it re-starts it gives me a screen saying giving me the choice to start in different modes: safe, safe with command, two others, then it has start in mode that previoulsy worked.. I can choose anyone and it gives me a screen that says FAT32 may be messed up and it does a scandisk. After that it re-sets and starts the vicious cycle over again. I cannot ever get into Windows. Does anyone have any possible fixes for this problem?

J

justhangn

To me, it sounds like your FAT tables are not matching or your hard disk has taken a vacation!!

LPMEDIC

Originally posted by justhangn
To me, it sounds like your FAT tables are not matching or your hard disk has taken a vacation!!

Any way to check the FAT tables?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
sounds like either the hard disk is bad...
or you need to reinstall windows...
can't really know unless i was there...

J

justhangn

Originally posted by LPMEDIC
Any way to check the FAT tables?

The checkdisk is trying to get them together, since this failed, it seems the drive is beyond an easy fix.

You could try to use DiskKeeper to get them together, if that fails....... It's restore disk time on a NEW drive.

But get another opinion, of course.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by sleuth14
sounds like either the hard disk is bad...
or you need to reinstall windows...
can't really know unless i was there...

Let's do this is order

First: Check your fan, a bad fan can cause some crazy stuff. (true story)

Second: Do not reinstall windows without completely deleteing the original copy. Anything left over from the first install will Hose the second.

Third: Have you run a FULL scan disk lately? You may just have bad sectors.

Once ya do all three of these we'll discuss 4,5 and 6 :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

LPMEDIC

Originally posted by Kain99
Let's do this is order

First: Check your fan, a bad fan can cause some crazy stuff. (true story)

Second: Do not reinstall windows without completely deleteing the original copy. Anything left over from the first install will Hose the second.

Third: Have you run a FULL scan disk lately? You may just have bad sectors.

Once ya do all three of these we'll discuss 4,5 and 6 :biggrin:

1. the fan is good, runs good, temps are WNL

3. does scan and gives me message that says something like: windows file is cross linked. not exactly the message but close

K

Kain99

Is it possible that when you loaded XP you forgot to wipe the original windows program clean? If so dump it and start over. Good Luck.... If you still have problems or questions PM me after 5:00 and we'll walk ya through it. :wink: