Kurt Busch cited for reckless driving (OFF track)

crabcake

But wait, there's more...

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I can see the little snot smart mouthin the cop...."Do you know who you just stopped?" "I'm Kurt Busch the NEXTEL cup champion".....I have more money than you'll see in your lifetime copper" Cop should have shoved his baton up his _______....Well you know.....Just fill in the blank.... :lmao:

crabcake

I agree 100%! :clap:

I'm shocked at this for several reasons.

1) Where it happened -- Maricopa County! Anyone who's familiar with law enforcement around the country knows that county is not one to fudge up in. Tent City jail ... Sheriff Joe Arpaio ... 'nuff said. :ohwell:

2) Why'd they take him to the track for a follow-up breathalizer? :confused: Why not the police station? :shrug: Rather convenient the one at the track was "broken" *cough:bs:cough*

3) He drives for Crown Royal now; will drive for Miller Lite next year (cRusty's car); quite a task for his PR manager to spin. :duh:

4) Nascar doesn't need it's current reigning champion (punkass that he is) out there setting this kind of example. Yea, he ended up only getting a ticket for wreckless driving, but the evidence of alcohol was noted, and that alone should get him more than a ":shrug: it's just a ticket" by Nascar.

I smell a big pile of :bs: served up in a greasy palm.

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
I agree 100%!

I'm shocked at this for several reasons.

1) Where it happened -- Maricopa County! Anyone who's familiar with law enforcement around the country knows that county is not one to fudge up in. Tent City jail ... Sheriff Joe Arpaio ... 'nuff said. :ohwell:

2) Why'd they take him to the track for a follow-up breathalizer? :confused: Why not the police station? :shrug: Rather convenient the one at the track was "broken" *cough:bs:cough*

3) He drives for Crown Royal now; will drive for Miller Lite next year (cRusty's car); quite a task for his PR manager to spin. :duh:

4) Nascar doesn't need it's current reigning champion (punkass that he is) out there setting this kind of example. Yea, he ended up only getting a ticket for wreckless driving, but the evidence of alcohol was noted, and that alone should get him more than a ":shrug: it's just a ticket" by Nascar.

I smell a big pile of :bs: served up in a greasy palm.
Ok, lets boycott NASCAR!! You first CC!! :jet:

:killingme (i kill me) :killingme

crabcake

Mikeinsmd said:
Ok, lets boycott NASCAR!! You first CC!! :jet:

:killingme (i kill me) :killingme
You watch! I will NOT watch the race tomorrow now! :tap:

I'll DVR it and wait till the stroke of midnight. :biggrin:

Seriously, though ... had this been anyone else -- even another driver, I bet it'd have been balls-to-the-wall in penalties/fines/loss of license and Nascar would've parked 'em. Hmiel was nailed for his nose candy habit ... and they put out a pretty strict policy about that stuff (drugs, drinking/driving, etc) I thought. :shrug:

crabcake

I'm not surprised he agreed to blow ... :whistle:

Chagolla said the deputy smelled alcohol on Busch, but the driver refused to perform standard field sobriety tests. Busch did submit to a field breath alcohol test, disclosing the presence of alcohol.
But I wonder how much he blew.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
crabcake said:
Jeff Gordon? :shrug:

'Ya know, real race fans should appreciate Kurt Busch. If the sport was filled with Jeff Gordon clones, it wouldn't be worth watching. It would be Golf on wheels. (Even the PGA has a fat guy who gets drunk and arrested!)

Give me more Kurt Busch, Robbie Gordon, Jimmy Spencer, Kenny Wallace, Michael Waltrip, Tony Stewart types.

Sports need personalities. Not cookie-cutter magazine models. Thank God NASCAR has several!

:cheers:

crabcake

Oz said:
'Ya know, real race fans should appreciate Kurt Busch. If the sport was filled with Jeff Gordon clones, it wouldn't be worth watching. It would be Golf on wheels. (Even the PGA has a fat guy who gets drunk and arrested!)

Give me more Kurt Busch, Robbie Gordon, Jimmy Spencer, Kenny Wallace, Michael Waltrip, Tony Stewart types.

Sports need personalities. Not cookie-cutter magazine models. Thank God NASCAR has several!

:cheers:
It's not even my disgust for sKurt that fuels my distaste over this; it's the example that's set ... it's the irony of someone who drives for a liquor sponsor that promotes responsibility when drinking, then drinks and drives. It took a long time for liquor sponsorships to get back into the scene with Nascar over the perceived fear something like this might happen, AND the image it portrays.

As I said earlier, had this been Jimmie Johnson behind the wheel (hell, even without a liquor/beer sponsor), I'd feel the same way. I just don't condone drinking and driving -- PERIOD. :shrug:

crabcake

I just heard Kenny Wallace is driving Kurt Busch's car today! :thewave: I LOVE him! And I hope to hell it's in response to 1) Kurt's incident friday night; and 2) b/c Roush is sick of sKurt's mouth/attitude/etc! :clap:

:dance: :banana: :getdown: