Hey Larry.....

H

HollowSoul

you have the GNX4 right?

well if your wondering what kind of rig's you Idol's are running so you can adjust your sound to do so....

click here
just scroll down to top 100 rigs :cheers:

T

tikipirate

Great info! Now if I could only fit the Mesa/Boogies through the front door of my apartment.

The key is knowing the exact combo of effects. Can you point me that way? I once spent an entirely beautiful summer weekend figuring out the proper amount of distortion/flange/slapback to 'Outshined' by Soundgarden.

Good to know that Angus puts his stuff straight through to tube. Way it should be. (If you can fit it through the front door of your apartment.)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Very cool...

Thanks HS...

I gotta get some tunes up loaded for you to check out. Lazy bastard is me.

Tiki, the GNX4, a small combo amp and pretty much any electric guitar is all you need to get damn near ANY sound you want.

I won't say it's exact, because it's not but if you dial up EVHalen, anyone who pays attention to tone would recognize it right away. Vaughn, Angus, a Beatles Vox tone, Townsends HiWatts, smooth jazz tones, a few bass emulators, an acoustic emulator...

T

tikipirate

I checked out the GNX4 at musiciansfriend. What a monster! I was tempted to reach for my wallet, but realized that no amount of effects is going to make me sound any better.

H

HollowSoul

tikipirate said:
I checked out the GNX4 at musiciansfriend. What a monster! I was tempted to reach for my wallet, but realized that no amount of effects is going to make me sound any better.
I suggest the Boss GT8, it's a much better processor IMO, I've had the GNX3 and still have the GNX4 allong with the GT8

H

HollowSoul

tikipirate said:
Great info! Now if I could only fit the Mesa/Boogies through the front door of my apartment.

The key is knowing the exact combo of effects. Can you point me that way? I once spent an entirely beautiful summer weekend figuring out the proper amount of distortion/flange/slapback to 'Outshined' by Soundgarden.

Good to know that Angus puts his stuff straight through to tube. Way it should be. (If you can fit it through the front door of your apartment.)
here ya go <-----click