Marriage counselors in Southern Maryland?

K

Katie

You might want to try Calvert Pschatric. They have an office in Leonardtown and I *think* they marriage counseling. PM me and I will give you the phone number.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You might try calling your insurance company and find out who is on your plan so you will be covered. They can give you several names to start with.

yakky doodle

If you belong to a church, you can always turn to your priest/pastor/reverend/whatever for counseling too. (probably free!).

tater

Originally posted by Pizza Junky
Hi all, can anybody recommend a good marriage counselor here in Southern Maryland?

Just my opinion, but:

I think they are a waste fo time. It was ironic to me that when me and my first wife decided to go, and when our appointment day came, we were getting along fine. Then, once inside the office, the counselor obviously wanted to discuss things, and when we left, we nearly killed each other in the elevator :eek: :burning: Ahhh, the memories

:razz2:

MDindef

There's a good one in Dunkirk. As an ordained person, I've referred a few couples up there. They've been a big help. Even more so if you're a committed Christian. Let me know.

J

justhangn

It has to be wanted by both parties and it's NOT free going to a church for it.

$55 an hour is what we were nailed for.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Not that I need a marriage counselor - since I am not married, but I have heard CentrePoint Counseling is great. Locations throughout Southern Maryland.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by yakky doodle
DANG! I didn't mean one of those TV Evangelist Churchs JH! :frown:

:wink:

Well, the licensed $150 an hour counselor was too harsh with the dishwasher so we had to try a more tactful wussified reverend.

It worked wonders, just ask me. :barf:

MDindef

I don't think many churches would charge you for it if you were a member of that church. At least in my church's case, we wouldn't.

K

Kain99

Our pastor wants nothing to do with counseling etc. Sends all parishoners outside. :frown:

SmallTown

Football season!
Forget counseling.. Do what they mentioned in another thread about boys coming to pick up their dates at the parents house..

Just be home cleaning the gun when they come in the door and ask them "Honey, is there something you want to talk about?"

J

justhangn

Originally posted by SmallTown
Just be home cleaning the gun when they come in the door and ask them "Honey, is there something you want to talk about?"

It didn't work for me.