Drop that carrot and chase a chicken

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It just amazes me that most people just don't take the simple precaution of washing all their produce. This would eliminate the majority of the outbreaks.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
jazz lady said:
It just amazes me that most people just don't take the simple precaution of washing all their produce. This would eliminate the majority of the outbreaks.
Is there a certain way of washing produce that is better than others?

I always rinse mine off in the sink, but beyond that, I wouldn't know how else to clean it. :confused:

V

Vixen

sleuth said:

I always rinse mine off in the sink, but beyond that, I wouldn't know how else to clean it. :confused:

Washing it in the sink is enough. I watched a news story on 20/20 about this several years ago. Now, I make sure I wash all vegetables and fruits. The story was about a little girl, about 5, nearly died from contaminated lettuce.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
sleuth said:

They make special vegi soap. But really when was the last time there was an outbreak of carrot flu? :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Vixen said:
Washing it in the sink is enough. I watched a news story on 20/20 about this several years ago. Now, I make sure I wash all vegetables and fruits. The story was about a little girl, about 5, nearly died from contaminated lettuce.
The beaner fruit pickers dump in the fields and then go back to picking.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
sleuth said:

That is fine as long as you rinse it thoroughly. I usually scrub root vegetables, peppers, mushrooms, and the like with a produce brush too. I also wash off "pre-washed" salad mixes "just in case."

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I rinse my fruits and veggies in equal parts water/vinegar. I buy vinegar by the gallon. I'm always using it for something.

V

Vixen

jazz lady said:
"just in case."

Me too. You just can never be too careful.

I will not even serve my dog, dog food that has been left in the can and stored in the frig. If people shouldn't eat things left in the can and stored in the frig, then it isn't good enough for the dog either. "just in case"