Cookie Recipes?

Jameo

What?!
My aunt makes a cookie that is the bestest ever! I can't think of the name of 'em right now.:dork: It's some kinda pastry dough then it's filled with a some kinda pecan mixture :yum: :yum: :yum: I'll get ya the recipe to check out.

hollywoman

Molasses Cream Cookies, they are to die for. I make them for our cookie exchange, one batch can make 6-8 dz cookies.

mainman

Set Trippin
hollywoman said:
Molasses Cream Cookies, they are to die for. I make them for our cookie exchange, one batch can make 6-8 dz cookies.
And I am supposed to get your recipe through osmosis? :banghead: If they are all that, than please post the recipe...:flowers:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I made these last week and they disappeared in less than a day...

Amaretto Chunk Cookies

Prep – 30 minutes plus cooling
Bake – about 10 minutes
Makes about 4 dozen cookies

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine (2 sticks), softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
2 teaspoons almond extract
2 cups (1 12-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup sliced almonds

1. Preheat over to 375 degrees F. On waxed paper, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs, amaretto, and extract. Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds.
3. Drop dough by heaping measuring tablespoons, 2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until golden around edges. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
4. Repeat with remaining dough. Store cookies in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 1 week or in freezer up to 3 months.

Each cookie: About 145 calories, 2 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate, 8 g total fat (4 g saturated), 1 g fiber, 20 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
My mom makes some kick-ass cherry chocolate chip cookies, that she makes from a "Cherry Chip Cake Mix" from Betty Crocker. The mix only seems to come out during the holidays, and you have to go to the right store to find it.

I'll see if I can get the recipe.

Here's the mix: Image

Last edited:
H

HollowSoul

sleuth said:
My mom makes some kick-ass cherry chocolate chip cookies, that she makes from a "Cherry Chocolate Cake Mix", I can't remember if it's by Duncan or Betty Crocker. The mix only seems to come out during the holidays, and you have to go to the right store to find it.

I'll see if I can get the recipe.
:yay: check the spice rack

hollywoman

These cookies are very reminiscent of ginger snaps, except they are soft and chewy. The scent of these cookies baking is sure to bring the family running. Make sure not to overbake these cookies so that they stay soft and chewy.

3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
1 large egg
3/4 cup unsulfured molasses
2 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease the cookie sheets. In a large bowl cream together the brown sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in the egg and molasses until light and creamy. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients slowly to the butter mixture. Drop by teaspoonsful onto the prepared sheets 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cookies should not brown. Cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container, or wrap well and freeze.

For the topping, cream some confectate sugar/water and spread on top, allow to dry.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The cookie I get the most requests for...

Scandinavian Almond Bars

Almond Bars

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped

Icing:

1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 to 2 tablespoons milk

Directions:

In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter; beat in egg and extract. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.

Divide dough into fourths; form into 12 inch x 3 inch rectangles. Place 5 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with milk and sprinkle with almonds.

Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until firm to the touch and edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans for 5 minutes, then cut diagonally into 1 inch slices. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over bars.

Yield: about 4 dozen.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Dymphna gave me this recipe...everybody LOVES them...

Chocolate Macadamia Cookies with White Chocolate

¾ C brown sugar
½ C Sugar
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C shortening
1 tsp Almond extract
1 egg
2 C Flour
¼ C Cocoa
1 tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Salt
1 C white chips
1 (3 ½ oz.) jar Macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped

Heat oven to 375°
In large bowl, combine sugars, butter and shortening, beat until fluffy. Add extract and egg, blend well. Add flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Mix well. Stir in white chips and nuts.
Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-12 minutes or until set.

Makes approx. 3 Dozen

mAlice

professional daydreamer
CHEESE CAKE COOKIES

10 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
4 c. butter
12 oz. cream cheese
4 c. sugar
4 eggs
4 tbsp. lemon juice

Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar together until well mixed and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice and baking powder. Add the flour and mix well.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. To make drop cookies, place a heaping tablespoon or more of dough, depending on the size cookie you want, on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.

Before baking, the cookie dough may be rolled in nuts or sprinkles may be dusted over the top.

To make cut-out cookies, add about 1 1/2 to 2 more cups flour to make the dough firmer; roll out the dough on a floured board to desired thickness, usually about 1/4 inch.

Cut out dough with any size or shape of cookie cutter and transfer with a spatula to a non-stick baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes. When done, let cool slightly and transfer to a wire rack to cool.

The cookies will be soft. After they are completely cool, they may be frosted. Makes about 100 cookies.

FROSTING:

1/2 c. butter
1 lb. cream cheese
2 lb. powdered sugar
Dash of salt

Mix softened butter and cream cheese; add sugar and salt; stir until smooth. Add any colorings or flavorings; mix well.

snuzzy

Magic Bar Cookies (Makes 2 dozen)

I grew up making these with my grandmother, I'm typing this from her yellowed recipe card... :yum:

Preheat oven to 350. In 13x9 baking pan melt 1/2 cup butter (I microwave mine... not around when she wrote the recipe!) Spread it over bottom of pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I make my own instead of buying it in crumbs, I like the clumps!) Pour 1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk (14 oz) evenly over crumbs (don't worry @ making it perfect, the other ingredients and the baking even it out, don't try to spread it, the graham crackers will mix up in it and make a mess, just pour the best you can). Sprinkle 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate pieces (I add extra :whistle: ), 3 1/2 oz. flaked coconut and 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans are the best) in layers over the milk. Important - press down gently with a spatula (the bars won't stay together if you miss this step, be careful, the milk is very sticky so you may have to clean your spatula as you press around the pan) Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly brown. Cool thoroughly before cutting. Enjoy!