Annoying

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Don't these people test their own recipes before they put them online?? :mad:

I was on foodtv.com looking for a biscuit recipe and I found Paula Deen's cream biscuits:

2 C flour
smidge of salt
1 1/4 C heavy cream

Blecch! So I threw them away and made a batch of regular baking powder biscuits.

And another thing! Why do they say their biscuit recipe makes 12 bickies when they only make 6??

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:

I was on foodtv.com looking for a biscuit recipe and I found Paula Deen's cream biscuits:

2 C flour
smidge of salt
1 1/4 C heavy cream

Blecch! So I threw them away and made a batch of regular baking powder biscuits.

And another thing! Why do they say their biscuit recipe makes 12 bickies when they only make 6??

Why would you follow a recipe like that?

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
vraiblonde said:

2 C flour
smidge of salt
1 1/4 C heavy cream

Substitute the heavy cream for buttermilk, use self rising flour, and some melted butter. :yay:

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
Paula Deen, man! I didn't think she'd steer me wrong. :shrug:

I generally like her but I have become increasingly disappointed. For example, on yesterday's show she made a recipie for "Bert's special chicken" she pulls out chicken that has been been in the fridge for a few hours in "seasoning" and then she mixes three eggs and poured in on the chicken in the pan and then took them out to shake it in a bad with nothing but flower and then browns the chicken in a skillet of oil and she's done.... I was disappointed! THATS THE RECIPIE?!!!?? Flour and oil and chicken? A two year old could have filled up that air time. Nothing new learned and if anything it sounds way too bland of ingrediants for me. The only thing I could think of was the mystery "seasonings" the chicken sat in for an hour or two before hand. :mad:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
dems4me said:
I generally like her but I have become increasingly disappointed. For example, on yesterday's show she made a recipie for "Bert's special chicken" she pulls out chicken that has been been in the fridge for a few hours in "seasoning" and then she mixes three eggs and poured in on the chicken in the pan and then took them out to shake it in a bad with nothing but flower and then browns the chicken in a skillet of oil and she's done.... I was disappointed! THATS THE RECIPIE?!!!?? Flour and oil and chicken? A two year old could have filled up that air time. Nothing new learned and if anything it sounds way too bland of ingrediants for me. The only thing I could think of was the mystery "seasonings" the chicken sat in for an hour or two before hand. :mad:
Dems, you see how thick she is? Might I suggest someone who cooks healthier meals, not just greasy fried (yummy) foods. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chasey_Lane said:
Check out Rachel Ray.
She's not skinny - she looks great. Little booty going on, some boobage - I'd jump her if I was that way inclined. :yay:

But that one gal - the dark-haired one that does the Italian cooking - SHE is a skinny twit and I wouldn't eat a single thing she cooked because I know it would poison me.

Alton Brown (skinny twit) is good with cooking theory but his recipes never work for me. Bobby Flay, on the other hand, is a guy with some meat on his bones and every recipe I've tried of his has come out exactly like he said it would.

That cannot be a coincidence.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
vraiblonde said:
But that one gal - the dark-haired one that does the Italian cooking - SHE is a skinny twit and I wouldn't eat a single thing she cooked because I know it would poison me.
Didja ever notice how HUGE her head is? Good Lord, her head, in comparison to the rest of her body, is like four times the size of a normal person. It is HUGE!!!

Jameo

What?!
BadGirl said:
Didja ever notice how HUGE her head is? Good Lord, her head, in comparison to the rest of her body, is like four times the size of a normal person. It is HUGE!!!

Yeah it is :lmao:

CMC122

Go Braves!
vraiblonde said:
I can't stand her either:lol: She's also got a big head.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BadGirl said:
Didja ever notice how HUGE her head is?
It's not that her head is so huge, it's that her body is so emaciated that she's got that Olsen Twin lollipop head thing going on. Blah.