Seeking Information from horse lovers

Pensacola

What is the general make up of the horse community in St. Mary's & Clavert County? I know there is at least one 4-H group (the Mounted Wanderers sp?). Is there a pony club? There seems to be a lot of people who ride for pleasure. I can't even begin to guess the percentages of riders that ride Western, Dressage, Hunt Seat, Competetive trail riding, and Eventing. Does anyone know or have an educated guess about that? It seems like ST. Mary's county has several "good" dressage instructors, but only a few hunt seat and western instructors. It sounds like a lot of people are showing at the breed shows. (?) I am just curious. Fill me in if you can. Educate me!

fredsaid2

The places I’ve boarded at have been mostly trail and pleasure riders. There is a PC, De La Brooke. They use Oak Ridge to practice games. I boarded with a girl who was a member and evented. She’s a lovely rider. Lots do the Mt Wanderer’s series and Fair, they seem to come mostly from local lesson programs. I see those who own a horse or pony doing the schooling series at PG and a few do the A’s. There’s another local 4-H club, Fillies and Colts. The farm also has a lesson program.

Hope you get a good response on this, it's interesting to find out what everyone does.

DQ2B

Potomac Valley Dressage Association (PVDA) is the main dressage group for Maryland with local chapter groups in various parts of the state. There is both a St. Mary's and Calvert chapter. One must be a member to participate in PVDA shows and for many of their clinics.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
We do lots of trails, horsey-camp...and some judged trail rides too. :biggrin:
Nothing fancy...just feed 'em 24/7 365, and actually enjoy them about 8/7 65 :lol:

Last edited:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
We do beginner western lessons focusing on trail riding and local schooling shows, parades, camping, just wanna have fun!!!!! :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
HorseLady said:
We do beginner western lessons focusing on trail riding and local schooling shows, parades, camping, just wanna have fun!!!!! :howdy:
OH YEAH!! I gotta figure a way to get the lil one back over to you guys! My stupid schedule :burning:
I can attest to the Western beginner lessons for kiddos, my girlie loves it with you guys!!
I'm off every other Friday, is that a possibility for you?

W

WildHorses

HorseLady said:
I also hear that the kids do enjoy being there. :yay: :thewave:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Every other Friday would work, but could we start after Christmas? Right now it is a mail carriers nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!