AFC/NFC Championship Games?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Well what did you all think of the football games today? I can't believe nobody else has posted a thread on the games before me. Nobody gave a rats a$$? Bah! I ain't buyin' that.

:cheers: penn

PS: Th Eagles came down to three pees: poorly-prepared, predictable and pathetic.

K

Kizzy

I can't believe nobody else has posted a thread on the games before me.

We were waiting for you Penn. :wink:

Well, as I predicted before hand so I wasn't suprised. I thought just maybe Philly had a chance there but they blew that just before 1/2 time. I didn't want to see them win anyway. I am glad the Raiders are in. Last years bad call during the playoff games kept them out, so it was well deserved. :biggrin:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
The Giants are out, Oh Hell, Go Raiders!!

Originally posted by IM4Change
We were waiting for you Penn. :wink:

I am glad the Raiders are in. Last years bad call during the playoff games kept them out, so it was well deserved. :biggrin:

MeToo!!:clap: :cheers: :clap:
penn

K

Kain99

I don't care much about Football but i sure do LOVE the Nike commercial! :biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kain99
I don't care much about Football but i sure do LOVE the Nike commercial! :biggrin:

Oh, I was laughing so hard I was crying! I especially loved his little pole dance... :roflmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
One question......One thought......

Originally posted by jazz lady
Oh, I was laughing so hard I was crying! I especially loved his little pole dance... :roflmao:
Hi JazzLady! I haven't seen you post for awhile, anyhow next to your avatar, the handle says "Dartist". Is that anything resembling a streaker?
The thought occurs to me if feminists and concerned parents weren't too thrilled with the Bud Lite beer commercial - the one with the two gals fighting over "less filling/tastes great"
arguement, what are they going to say about that one?

:biggrin: penn

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: One question......One thought......

Originally posted by penncam
Hi JazzLady! I haven't seen you post for awhile, anyhow next to your avatar, the handle says "Dartist". Is that anything resembling a streaker?
:lmao: Heavens NO! I shoot darts and hence the title and the dartboard as my avatar. I haven't had much free time lately - between work, dart leagues, going to training for my job, and working on a class, I haven't had time for much else. :wink:

The thought occurs to me if feminists and concerned parents weren't too thrilled with the Bud Lite beer commercial - the one with the two gals fighting over "less filling/tastes great"
arguement, what are they going to say about that one?

:biggrin: penn
I don't consider myself a "feminist" but I found the commercial typical of today's fodder that women are nothing more than boobs and tight clothes, while men are mindless idiots swilling beer. :duh: Sex sells, so that's what beer commercials use to promote their products. :ohwell:

Last edited:
K

Kizzy

I don't care much about Football but i sure do LOVE the Nike commercial!

Speaking of commercials, did anyone see the commercial last weekend for Miller? Where the two girls were fighting about the less filling more taste and they tore each other's cloths off. Anyway, during the course of the week, I heard that there were some complaints about that commercial from woman. I thought that was funny. I don't think I saw it aired today? :confused:

Anyway, I love the commercials during the SuperBowl. They keep me planted on the sofa the entire game.

red

otter and i both posted on the tail end of last weeks championship sunday thread. the posts didn't amount to much. it would seem there wasn't a great deal of interest in either the game or the forums last night. raiders and TB. i'll keep my fingers crossed for TB.

im4, i saw the commercial you're talking about. i think it's almost as stupid and the guy doing the supposedly deep, philosophical SB commercials. i like the streaking guy, that was funny. great pole dance. until i got a better look, i thought it was that guy from the 70's show. i also liked the one about the guy meeting his wife by trying to tape a note to her door with duck tape and freaking her out. i'm looking forward to the SB commercials, too.

K

Kizzy

What made the commercial funny for me was the way the girls looked at these guys at the end. It was that look that just screamed Men are Pigs. :roflmao:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: Re: One question......One thought......

Originally posted by jazz lady
women are nothing more than boobs and tight clothes, while men are mindless idiots swilling beer.

Remember, folks, an educated woman said this..:razz2:

Haven't seen the line for the superbowl yet but I like the Buccs to win big.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by red
i'm looking forward to the SB commercials, too.

Someone ought to note the best 5 or 6 SB commercials and put em on a poll here for next week.

Smart move by Nike getting the jump on everyone by rolling out the streaker commercial this weekend..:cheers: Reminds me of a winnebago trip to nowhere from yrs ago when a drunk friend streaked the final game in a national softball tournament in Dayton Ohio..Can still see him pretending to fade back on a fly ball in centerfield buck naked....50 dollars to bail him out of jail...priceless..

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: One question......One thought......

Originally posted by otter

:biggrin: "Women are nothing more than boobs and tight clothes, while men are just minding their beer."
You know otter, women will surprise you with their observations, now and again.
I like the Raiders vs Tampa Bay, next weekend. I'd say both teams match up pretty good, but it might come down to which team "shows up" to play. I thought the Eagles did for about three minutes in the 1st quarter, then they went into hibernation
turned the ball over, and couldn't even complete short pass drops
like Tampa Bay did.
Another factor: Ex-Raiders coach John Gruden left that team for Tampa Bay. You think maybe the Raiders players have forgotten that? A little extra incentive.

Otter

Nothing to see here

: Another factor: Ex-Raiders coach John Gruden left that team for Tampa Bay. You think maybe the Raiders players have forgotten that? A little extra incentive. :cheers: penn

That can work the other way too, I'm sure Gruden knows alot of the personalities of the raiders..Gannon can be very volatile emotionally..Wonder if Gruden can come up with something to get under his skin?..

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

Another factor: Ex-Raiders coach John Gruden left that team for Tampa Bay. You think maybe the Raiders players have forgotten that? A little extra incentive.
I thought Tampt "bought" the rights for him from Oakland for $8 million plus about 4 or 5 future draft picks. Then gave him a $15 million contract.

Regardless, it ought to be a great game.

I heard that the commercials won't be the big deal as they normally are. Anyone else hear this?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I seem to recall.......

Originally posted by bluto
But did you see the new Bud True commercial where the girl is wearing her old boyfriend's shirt? "Your hands are so tiny!"
:biggrin: I thought there was an old saying that went something like "more than a handful was a waste......." I don't know, it was something close to that.......
:smile: penn

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: One question......One thought......

Originally posted by otter
Thanks for quoting me out of context. Sure you aren't a closet liberal? :razz:
The line last night was Raiders by 4. I'm going to pick TB in the hopes that ex-Redskin Brad Johnson shoves that fact down Dan Snyder's throat. :biggrin:

SeaRide

color of jersey rules

How does it work for which team to wear their colors during SuperBowl? Who wears the white jersey while the other wears the full team color?

I could have done some research but want to see if anyone knows by heart?

Oakland Raiders is really something when it comes to numbers of penalties and still win. :biggrin: I like watching what the Raiders fans looks like. Reminds me of Halloween nights.