dumb question need help

D

DMJ

How do you cook steak in an oven. What do you cook it on and for how long. I cant find anything on the internet that tells me anything more than recipes. thanks

Midnightrider

DMJ said:
How do you cook steak in an oven. What do you cook it on and for how long. I cant find anything on the internet that tells me anything more than recipes. thanks
you are going to want to use the broiler in your oven. If you have one of those slotted pans, put them on that. Put the rack as close to the broiler as possible and then fire it up. side your steaks in and keep an eye on them. They can burn easy. Flip them once and they are done.

If you have an electric oven, read the instructions, they usually require the oven door to be open just a little to keep from overheating.

Don't be skeered by a little smoke, its just going to happen
Godd luck

D

DMJ

Midnightrider said:
you are going to want to use the broiler in your oven. If you have one of those slotted pans, put them on that. Put the rack as close to the broiler as possible and then fire it up. side your steaks in and keep an eye on them. They can burn easy. Flip them once and they are done.

If you have an electric oven, read the instructions, they usually require the oven door to be open just a little to keep from overheating.

Don't be skeered by a little smoke, its just going to happen
Godd luck
thanks. i dont have a broiler pan, will a cookie sheet work?

willie

Broiling creates a big mess. Grill the sucker.

Attachments

• cook1.gif
    cook1.gif
    28 KB · Views: 228

Agee

Ken King said:
You can always pan fry it on the stove top.
:yeahthat:

Especially in a cast iron skillet. Or sear it on both sides in the skillet, and pop it into a pre-heated oven to finish cooking.

Steve

Enjoying life!
DMJ said:
You DON'T cook a steak in the oven. Ever. If that's your only option...eat it raw. :yay:

:lol:

willie

Airgasm said:
:yeahthat:

Especially in a cast iron skillet. Or sear it on both sides in the skillet, and pop it into a pre-heated oven to finish cooking.
After searing on both sides, it is done.

Agee

willie said:
After searing on both sides, it is done.
True...

But, we seem to live in a culinary society where every piece of meat has to be cooked to shoe leather doneness.

Mikeinsmd

:offtopic: but I need a decent skillet. I don't cook much but the cheapo has to go. Can y'all recommend something/place not too 'spensive?? TIA

Mikeinsmd said:
:offtopic: but I need a decent skillet. I don't cook much but the cheapo has to go. Can y'all recommend something/place not too 'spensive?? TIA
You talking cast iron or non-stick...:confused: