New Enya

Ponytail

Enya Amarantine ( I think) Any how, it's REALLY good, if ya like Enya. Sounds like Enya. Relaxing, awesome sound. Puttin' me RIGHT to sleep today. :coffee:

StanleyRugg

Ponytail said:
Enya Amarantine ( I think) Any how, it's REALLY good, if ya like Enya. Sounds like Enya. Relaxing, awesome sound. Puttin' me RIGHT to sleep today. :coffee:
Is that the woman who wails alot? I like her music.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ponytail said:

I'm listening to The Age of Loneliness as I type this. :yay: Thanks for the heads up. I can ask for it for xmas. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I'll have to look for it. I love her music. :yay:

Another one I love is Andreas Vollenweider. He's been called a new-age harpist, but it's kind of hard to classify his music. He has a new album out called "Vox" but I haven't seen it around yet.

LucySnow

Enya interview

I just read this interview with Enya yesterday: http://news.ft.com/cms/s/7ca5daba-5ca6-11da-af92-0000779e2340.html

It's very interesting and offers some insights into her life. Apparently she only gives interviews very rarely.

I like her music but I think it's become awfully formulaic and repetitive over the years. I wasn't impressed with her last album (A Day Without Rain), because I felt like I'd heard it all before. I did like the song "Only Time," though. Overall I think Watermark is her best album by far.

Ponytail

Well, don't run out and get this CD because of me. I really haven't listend to Enya in probably 5 years or so. It sounds like Enya, so if ya thought the last one sounded the same, this one will too. I'm guessing. I do like this one though. There's two songs on this CD that she sings in some other language...no clue what she's saying, don't really care either. Her voice relaxes me though, and I know some of ya are gonna find this hard to believe, but I have a hard time relaxing. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
I don't remember what it is, maybe Gaelic. I'll have to read the CD cover again when I get home tonight.

From amazon.com:

From the first blanket of choral voices awash in reverb, Amarantine is instantly recognizable as a product of Enya, the Irish chanteuse who has created a genre unto herself. Although it's been five years since her last CD, on Amarantine it's as if time stood still. The triumvirate of Enya, lyricist Roma Ryan, and producer Nicky Ryan work the formula they perfected on Watermark, layering her voice in lush choirs pushed along by pizzicato synth strings, swooning orchestral pads, and harpsichord arpeggios. On tracks like "Less Than a Pearl" and "Drifting," Enya flirts with a timeless sound born in gothic chants and hymns. The former is one of three songs that she sings in Roma Ryan's fictitious language of Loxian. It seems to free her, especially on "The River Sings," a veritable rave-up where she gets the tribal choir going in the style of Scottish mouth music. But to get there you have to slog through slo-mo ballads that manage to be dirge-like and singsong at the same time, like the Carpenters on Quaaludes. The relatively restrained arrangement of "It's in the Rain" almost attains a folk-like simplicity that Enya hasn't experienced since she sang with her siblings in Clannad a quarter-century ago. Amarantine sounds like it was born in cloistered solitude, self-referentially echoing Enya albums past. --John Diliberto

Interesting...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Haven't heard the song...

but I found the lyrics posted online:

Mono no aware
Murasaki iro no hana
Haru no hana
To fuyu mo koyuki
Harahara

Shizen no bi kana