What's the Difference?

meme

The Smart Hooker
Sorry for being such a moron when it comes to vehicles but what is the difference between Chevy and GMC?

meme

The Smart Hooker
But I just love my Suburban though! :bawl:

I didn't realize that there was a GMC and a Chevy version. I realize that GM is Chevy and vice versa, but are all their trucks and SUV's the same?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
number of letters/ syllables.. price, Think GMC's actually run a little more money.

meme said:
But I just love my Suburban though! :bawl:

I didn't realize that there was a GMC and a Chevy version. I realize that GM is Chevy and vice versa, but are all their trucks and SUV's the same?
I test drove both and found the Chevy Suburban handled considerably better than the GMC equivalent. I fully expected them to be pretty much the same vehicle, but they handle completely different. Test drive them both and find out for yourself.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
kwillia said:
I test drove both and found the Chevy Suburban handled considerably better than the GMC equivalent. I fully expected them to be pretty much the same vehicle, but they handle completely different. Test drive them both and find out for yourself.
Most likely due to different tires and/or air pressure

aps45819 said:
Most likely due to different tires and/or air pressure
No. The front end build of the vehicles are completely different. Driving the GMC XL made me feel like I was driving a tank whereas the Chevy Burb handled very smooth, is easy to park and turns on a dime.

willie

They both share most of the same suispension RPO's. If one has the ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride and the other is equiped with the Z71 Off Road package, there is a world of difference. Mine has the Z85 Trailering Package and is a firm, solid ride at 35 psi in the tires. Anything below 32 psi is IMO dangerous on that fat, tall vehicle.

The vehicles are the same.

willie said:
They both share most of the same suispension RPO's. If one has the ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride and the other is equiped with the Z71 Off Road package, there is a world of difference. Mine has the Z85 Trailering Package and is a firm, solid ride at 35 psi in the tires. Anything below 32 psi is IMO dangerous on that fat, tall vehicle.

The vehicles are the same.
I have the Z71 Off Road Burb. Front end visiblity was better than the XL, making U-turns and parking it were more precise... I am basing my opinion on my experiences driving them both. I recommend anyone that wants to know if there is a difference should do the same. It made a difference to me.

meme

The Smart Hooker
I ended up buying the K2500 4X4 (GMC.) I absolutely love it, but I kick myself in the hinney :buttkick: for not test driving the Chevy version. The GMC drives more like a "truck." It's not as "smooth" as any other SUV I've owned. Not sure if it's because of the size or just the manufacturer.

meme said:
The GMC drives more like a "truck." It's not as "smooth" as any other SUV I've owned.
Exactly! That's the same feeling I had while test driving it and I fully expected the Burb to handle the same way because it was equivalent in size. I felt an immediate difference behind the wheel of the burb. In fact, I find the burb easier to park and U-turn with than my smaller standard sedan.

meme

The Smart Hooker
I haven't driven it much. It's been sitting in the garage. I would rather drive my sedan around. Least I can park that. :lmao: