quick cooking

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Got this qtr's magazine last night. (courtesy of MIL)

I usually don't read it the very day I get it but I sure am glad I did last night!

We'd already decided on soup & sammich. Home made cajun 15 bean soup. :yum: with venison and buffalo meat. :yum: :yum:

So sammich was probably gonna be ham and cheese. grilled. NOT!

Here's the recipe I used from this issue:

preheat oven to 400
2 pkgs cornbread mix made according to pkg directions.
4 slices ham (I doubled-chris is a meat eater)
6 slices cheese (I used swiss & cheddar)
11X7X2 pan spayed with pam

Pour 1/2 cornbread mix into pan. Layer alternate slices of meat & cheese across entire pan. Pour rest of cornbread mix over top and spread to edges.

bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

enjoy! (chris declared this a keeper)

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
:elaine: I just got my Cooking for 2 this morning. Same company, different pub. Great mags. I started with Quick Cooking, now pay yearly for my daughter inlaw too.
Happy eating.............

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Suz', what kind of ham did you use? The packaged sandwich ham, or the thick, spiral ham kind? It totally doesn't sound like enough meat. :confused:

I have a really, really yummy breakfast casserole recipe if you're interested. Best to prepare the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight, then slide it in the stove for an hour in the a.m. :yum:

Suz

Chasey_Lane said:
Suz', what kind of ham did you use? The packaged sandwich ham, or the thick, spiral ham kind? It totally doesn't sound like enough meat. :confused:

I have a really, really yummy breakfast casserole recipe if you're interested. Best to prepare the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight, then slide it in the stove for an hour in the a.m. :yum:
Boiled ham in the pkg. It was very good, and you could probably substitute any kind of meat/cheese to go with what ever you may be serving it with.

Breakfast casserole--Sure I'm up for anything new!

Suz

Chasey_Lane said:
:faint: That does not sound appetizing. :lol:

I'm thinking sausage would substitute well, watcha' think? :yum:
boiled ham with swiss and cheddar doesn't sound good? It really was yummy. I'm going to play around with it using different meats/cheeses too. but remember this is suppose to be 'quick & easy' per the magazine. Sausage does sound good and I guess it would be 'quick & easy' if you had some already cooked that you could use!!!

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I made a Cheeseburger Pie last night and it wasn't too bad. It was super easy to make as well.

Take 1 lb hamburger meat and 1/4 chopped onion and brown in pan. Drain off excess fat. Add in 1/3 cup ketsup (aka Kwillia), a couple splashes of woreshire (sp ?) sauce, a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and garlic. Heat until bubbly.

In a pie dish, take 6 canned biscuits and press on the bottem of dish. Take the remaining 4 biscuits and cut them into quarters. Spead the hamburger mixture on top of the biscuits. Take the quartered biscuits and place pointy side down around the pie plate. Place slices of cheese on top (I used sharp cheddar) Cook in oven at 400 for approx 17 minutes.