PDA

View Full Version : New here with an unfair advantage

KurtS
01-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Hi people I've been reading the forums for approximatley two months and picked today to sign up. I have an unfair advantage since I have watched the posts for so long. I have established opinions of all of you. Putting that aside today, Hello.

giggles04
01-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Hiya!:cheers:

KurtS
01-23-2003, 09:58 AM
I dont recall you, Miss blue?

otter
01-23-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by cariblue
Nobody cares.

:yeahthat:

vraiblonde
01-23-2003, 10:00 AM
Hi Kurt :howdy: You'd be surprised how many people "test that waters" and get a feel for the board before they decide to jump in. Enjoy your stay, there are fresh towels under the sink and breakfast is at 8am SHARP.

KurtS
01-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Thank you blond I have seen the members be rude but I didnt expect them to be rude to me.

KurtS
01-23-2003, 10:04 AM
Its fine cariblue. looks like they dont have a high opinion of me either.

SmallTown
01-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by KurtS
Thank you blond I have seen the members be rude but I didnt expect them to be rude to me.

When working with this crew, set your expectations very low. That way you won't be disappointed.

MDindef
01-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Yeah Kurt, some of us spool up more easily than others.

vraiblonde
01-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Thank you blond I have seen the members be rude but I didnt expect them to be rude to me. We are equal-opportunity offenders! :cheesy:

I like you, Cari! :kiss:

KurtS
01-23-2003, 10:11 AM
I'm a register nurse in the US Airforce Please no gay jokes. Until yesterday I thought I had escaped the trip to Iraq but got my papers and all bets are off.

I have been working on my doctorate but that'll be on hold for a while.

giggles04
01-23-2003, 10:11 AM
It's just as well. Not too many people on the board have a very high opinion of me. I find it unlikely yours would be any different. All the same, welcome.

I don't have a problem with anybody on here. Not like I'm on that much anymore anyway... there was only one person I had a problem with... and haven't seen him on here in quite a while... unless he's got a new name!

Its all good!:biggrin:

Kyle
01-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by SmallTown
When working with this crew, set your expectations very low. That way you won't be disappointed. Geez, ST... And I thought you were coming around too! :biggrin:

BTW... Welcome Kurt!

SxyPrincess
01-23-2003, 10:15 AM
:howdy: Kurt! Welcome aboard and I hope your interpretation of me is far beyond my expectations. :biggrin:

KurtS
01-23-2003, 10:17 AM
Hi Sexy I do have an opinion of you. I think you have a great sense of humor and you use your flirting capabilities to keep the other posters in line. you are one of my favorites.

JabbaJawz
01-23-2003, 10:18 AM
:howdy: Welcome!

SeaRide
01-23-2003, 10:22 AM
I'm a register nurse in the US Airforce Please no gay jokes. Until yesterday I thought I had escaped the trip to Iraq but got my papers and all bets are off.

I have been working on my doctorate but that'll be on hold for a while.
Hi KurtS, welcome aboard.
Hope the trip to Iraq will be short-lived and hope you won't put off your getting the doctorate too long.
:cheers:

RoseRed
01-23-2003, 10:24 AM
:howdy: Welcome Kurt. I think you might be our first Flying Nurse :biggrin: Good luck on your trip.

SxyPrincess
01-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Hi Sexy I do have an opinion of you. I think you have a great sense of humor and you use your flirting capabilities to keep the other posters in line. you are one of my favorites.

You're too kind. :smooch:

KurtS
01-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Monday February 10 doubt I'll be able to post much from the site but we will have internet access so I hope to get lucky and still be able to say hello from time to time.

Sharon
01-23-2003, 10:33 AM
This is the funniest Welcome thread I've read in a long time. :roflmao:

Hi Kurt :howdy: Welcome to the psych ward. :wink:

KurtS
01-23-2003, 10:37 AM
I will still be able to read the posts. For security reasons I may not be able to post messages myself.

RoseRed
01-23-2003, 10:43 AM
Is that anything like a Flying Nun? Hopefully he doesn't have to wear that big funny hat :biggrin:

KurtS
01-23-2003, 10:50 AM
No I have to wear a little funny hat

Ken King
01-23-2003, 11:04 AM
No I have to wear a little funny hat
Yeah the Garrison cap or more "commonly" know as the #### cap. Welcome aboard and God's speed on your up coming task. I hope you do't get too much "friendly" business. I was a Zoomie a while ago and enjoyed the travel. Keep your head down and gas mask close at hand.

sleuth
01-23-2003, 11:26 AM

She also lives up to her handle. :blushing:

justhangn
01-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the asylum! :cheers:

Keep our boys in one piece and the sand people ducking for cover!

http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/ut1/redeemerwhore.gif

Kain99
01-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Glad to see you join us Kurt. I read your other post first. We're really not that bad when you get to know us. :smile:

vraiblonde
01-23-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Kain99
We're really not that bad when you get to know us. :smile: No - we're WORSE!

SmallTown
01-23-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Kain99
Glad to see you join us Kurt. I read your other post first. We're really not that bad when you get to know us. :smile:

Kurt, don't let them bait you like that! Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pixiegirl
01-23-2003, 12:20 PM
Haven't been on much lately but welcome. :howdy:

BTW, Sxy is mine! :cool:

pixiegirl
01-23-2003, 12:20 PM
Kurt, don't let them bait you like that! Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You didn't!

Penn
01-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Kyle
Geez, ST... And I thought you were coming around too! :biggrin:

BTW... Welcome Kurt!

:biggrin: Kyle: SmallTown coming around? In your dreams. There some old dogs that cannot learn new tricks!
Welcome, KurtS! The not-so-smiley welcome may have been due to your statement that "you've formed opinions of everyone already". Hmmmm? But, so what; please keep us up with the news if/when you can, over there. Be assured you do have a lifeline to "backhome", and we'd be happy to hear from ya.

:cheers: penn

Kyle
01-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by penncam
:biggrin: Kyle: SmallTown coming around? In your dreams. ... Hey! I'm try'n to be an optimist. :lol:

SmallTown
01-23-2003, 01:27 PM
The not-so-smiley welcome may have been due to your statement that "you've formed opinions of everyone already".

Why would people assume his opinions were negative ones? Insecure much?

Katie
01-23-2003, 01:29 PM
I don't get to post much during the day on certain days. The darn work thing gets in the way. But welcome anyhow.:howdy:

Penn
01-23-2003, 01:37 PM
Why would people assume his opinions were negative ones? Insecure much?
:biggrin: Gee Small, I really didn't know you liked to talk about yourself that way. Insecure? Negative? I'd have never guessed those qualities afflict you! Well, no matter, you know we are here for ya pal!

:razz2: penn

SmallTown
01-23-2003, 01:39 PM
:biggrin: Gee Small, I really didn't know you liked to talk about yourself that way. Insecure? Negative? I'd have never guessed those qualities afflict you! Well, no matter, you know we are here for ya pal!

:razz2: penn

I'm not the one that got upset over his comments.

Kimmy
01-23-2003, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the forums
:smile:

fuzzyng
01-23-2003, 09:09 PM
you've formed opinions of everyone already? rock on with your bad self, then! :rolleyes:

What ya think of me? I wanna know... TELL ME!!! :biggrin:

I personally hate EVERYONE on here, including myself so welcome to my sh!t list... you're right above Smalltown, but no where near me, so don't let it get to your head...

oh, btw, welcome... TO HELLL *dramatic music* DUH DUH DOOO!!!!

Penn
01-23-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by fuzzyng
you've formed opinions of everyone already? rock on with your bad self, then! :rolleyes:

I personally hate EVERYONE on here, including myself so welcome to my sh!t list... you're right above Smalltown, but no where near me, so don't let it get to your head...

oh, btw, welcome... TO HELLL *dramatic music* DUH DUH DOOO!!!!
:rolleyes: Careful fuzzying, SmallTown will think you're being negative and feeling insecure, if it seems odd that someone tells you that they've formed an opinion of you without meeting you!
:biggrin: penn

SmallTown
01-24-2003, 09:37 AM
:rolleyes: Careful fuzzying, SmallTown will think you're being negative and feeling insecure, if it seems odd that someone tells you that they've formed an opinion of you without meeting you!
:biggrin: penn

No, only when people feel others have a negative opinion without even knowing.

migtig
01-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Was off the board for a few days and missed your arrival - but welcome aboard! :biggrin: As for opinions - they may change and be revised as time passes by - and hopefully you'll get to met a few people in "real" time too and find out we probably aren't what you thought at all! :roflmao: :cheers: Have fun!

bknarw
01-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Not too many people on the board have a very high opinion of me.

Not true.