Recommended Horse Transporter?

Hey Guys-
I need a reference/ hook up to have a horse transported from Dover, TN (west TN) to the Upper Marlboro Equestrian Center- Have a quote for 675 but too high- have a quote for 365 but don't know when the horse could get here. Any contacts or recommendations from all ya'll thrifty but safety conscious horse persons? Thanks,
Terri

Last edited:

DQ2B

You might check with Blue Chip or Brookeledge. I haven't used them myself but others I know think very highly of them.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
dazeworkfarm said:
Hey Guys-
I need a reference/ hook up to have a horse transported from Dover, TN (west TN) to the Upper Marlboro Equestrian Center- Have a quote for 675 but too high- have a quote for 365 but don't know when the horse could get here. Any contacts or recommendations from all ya'll thrifty but safety conscious horse persons? Thanks,
Terri

how far is Tennesse from you? why not just get them yourself? or do you not have a truck and trailer (i just kinda assume if you have horses you have the means to transport them)?

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
appyday said:
Actually it is cheaper to pay a hauler in most cases..I have 2 trailers..both aluminum and light...but I choose to pay a hauler for long distances..Like Fancy from WA and Vence from Missouri.

I can understand, maybe, a horse from WA, since the transporter may have other horses he's hauling and could break the payment of transporting with multiple people. but Tennesse isnt that far away

appyday said:
Exactly and when gas prices were very high..usually 8-12 horses pay for the trip so cheaper.....got the orphans from TN but she was headed this way and delivered them free..How many miles are we talking? Daze does have a truck/trailer. I need another Paso from TN let me know if you go out Daze...

Thanks Appy- yeah I went to the site and got 4 bids- also had two referrals- looks like I found a good one for 55 cents a mile- As far as getting him myself, not anymore- The trip is about 780 miles one way.....so even just driving, in good condition without the animal I would lose a day- then sleep over , then load up and probably take another 14- 18 hours to get home if there was luck! Never mind the worry. So "transporting" is cheaper, easier on the animals and less stress and wear and tear on everyone! Here is a pic of what I am bringing in-

Appy- where in TN?- I can give you the haulers name that is headed this week the week after Xmas, but before New Year's.....

also have a chocolate pony gelding- 8 years old about 11.2 hands- very friendly, washes, spays, leads- very responsive. Would need refresh for riding as he has been lawn ornament/buddy for last year. Need to get just 500 for him and a good home.

Attachments

• gray standing.jpg
    gray standing.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 108
appyday said:
Daze...what is that in the pic...the gray..thats not your paso is it? He was thicker...OK what are you getting??

Appy! :lmao: That is a big TN Walker! I work the Paso, but Hubby rides him the most- boy is he going good by the way! The New Gray will be my next step up as far as motor- Hubby is also starting to ride My TWH Palomino- so off we will go! Love the rush but never get sore- you know that! Can't beat their stamina and the ride for nothin'! :yay:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I want a gaited horsie!!!
What are you bringing back? Anything gaited and decently quiet for sale? Prefer a mare, and not HUGE, between 14-15h. :biggrin: Green is OK.

E

equineaddict

happyappygirl said:
I want a gaited horsie!!!
What are you bringing back? Anything gaited and decently quiet for sale? Prefer a mare, and not HUGE, between 14-15h. :biggrin: Green is OK.

Hay Happy, I have a friend in VA that has Walkers (awesome ones) she has good contacts over there if your interested....actually I think you've dealt w/her in the past or she hauled a horse for you from Triple Creek to your house....remember?