New Years day ride

HunterJJD

I have called SM City, they put it on last year but Rusty does not know anything about it. But also heard one might be going out of Toots. I will call Ray tonight to see what he knows but does anyone know of plans for one?

I do not know about the rest of you, but it is killing me to not be riding.

JD

Jameo

What?!
HunterJJD said:
I have called SM City, they put it on last year but Rusty does not know anything about it. But also heard one might be going out of Toots. I will call Ray tonight to see what he knows but does anyone know of plans for one?

JD

What's stopping you from riding? Afraid of a little cold weather? :lmao:
Aps, Itsbob and Slotted are still riding their bikes.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HunterJJD said:
JD
:neener: sissy, I rode to work this morning.
SCRC polarbear ride leaves Motovation Cycles at 10:00. Heading up to Annapolis to hook up with some other chapters at a resturant.
Pins and year rockers available.

HunterJJD

I work in Arlington Va, 56 miles one way, and I am on the road at 0400 as in 4AM. That is a long cold dark ride and I do not have any protection from sheilds, just chaps and jacket. I have riden in mid 30 degree weather but not for hour in twenty minutes.

Tell me more about this ride you are talking about.
Where is Motovation Cycles ?

JD

HunterJJD

Moe,
Stay out of this and go cook some green bean casserole unless you are willing to get on the back. If HS wants to ride I can get one with training wheels for him

JD

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
ABATE of St.Mary's ride is January 15th. Starts at noon at Dew Drop. Go to Jumpin Jacks, Cryers, A & W, then finish at Toot's.

Jameo

What?!
HunterJJD said:
Moe,
Stay out of this and go cook some green bean casserole unless you are willing to get on the back. If HS wants to ride I can get one with training wheels for him

JD

:smack:

I know what I getting you for christmas now :killingme

HunterJJD

What do you ride?[/QUOTE]

I ride a Honda Sabre, red with flames

I never new that place was there. I may have to go just to check them out.

The New years day I was looking for just goes to Point Lookout then up Rt5 and not sure where else, we broke of there.

I will keep you ride in mind, will have to talk to my friends (Yes Moe I have real friends) and see if they would want to go to Annp.

JD

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HunterJJD said:
The New years day I was looking for just goes to Point Lookout then up Rt5 and not sure where else, we broke of there.
JD
That's where we went last year. Started at Motovation, weht to Panera Bread in Waldorf and hooked up with the GWR then down to Point Lookout.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
HunterJJD said:
I work in Arlington Va, 56 miles one way, and I am on the road at 0400 as in 4AM. That is a long cold dark ride and I do not have any protection from sheilds, just chaps and jacket. I have riden in mid 30 degree weather but not for hour in twenty minutes.

Tell me more about this ride you are talking about.
Where is Motovation Cycles ?

JD
Just need some good riding gear, and something to cover your neck. I got an RS a REAL small winddeflector on the front.. and the riding this time of year is AWESOME.. I'm more comfortable today then I was in August.

I wear an Olympia vented jacket and pants with the fall liners in it.. $12 gloves I picked up at Lowes.. hiking boots.. and a neck thingy that keeps the wind off of my neck.. and COMFORTABLE.. I do a little less then 40 - 50 miles a day, depending on how many times I have to switch offices a day.

I've got Moto-Lights on the front, for better visibility and BE-SEENness..
and Hyper-Light brake lights on the back. Don't like the people behind me on 235 after dark.

Mount up and ride! You a biker or a whiner? :lmao:

Jameo

What?!
itsbob said:
Just need some good riding gear, and something to cover your neck. I got an RS a REAL small winddeflector on the front.. and the riding this time of year is AWESOME.. I'm more comfortable today then I was in August.

I wear an Olympia vented jacket and pants with the fall liners in it.. $12 gloves I picked up at Lowes.. hiking boots.. and a neck thingy that keeps the wind off of my neck.. and COMFORTABLE.. I do a little less then 40 - 50 miles a day, depending on how many times I have to switch offices a day.

I've got Moto-Lights on the front, for better visibility and BE-SEENness..
and Hyper-Light brake lights on the back. Don't like the people behind me on 235 after dark.

Mount up and ride! You a biker or a whiner? :lmao:

He's a whiner!! :lmao:

HunterJJD

OK, weather.com says, 25 but feels like 17. That is cold for a hour plus ride in the dark dodging dip sh&^s on my way to Arlington.

Sorry fellows but Squeak SQUEAK

JD

On a side note, from what I hear Johnny is back at SM City and Virginia is gone.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HunterJJD said:
On a side note, from what I hear Johnny is back at SM City and Virginia is gone.
Gonna stop in there today and get an oil filter.
Is Virginia the counter girl hired for ornamental vs. useful reasons? :lol:
I flashed my BAE ID and reminded her that I get a 10% discount and she asks "Says who?".
Told her the boy's momma said so :lol: (J. B. works at BAE)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What day is the New Years Ride??

Used to know a few people that worked there, don't think they do anymore. One of my friends bikes is there in pieces, last I knew her gas tank was still sitting in the showroom.

HunterJJD

aps45819 said:
Gonna stop in there today and get an oil filter.
Is Virginia the counter girl hired for ornamental vs. useful reasons? :lol:
I flashed my BAE ID and reminded her that I get a 10% discount and she asks "Says who?".
Told her the boy's momma said so :lol: (J. B. works at BAE)

from what I have seen, she knows her stuff and should be in bad. I know she knows a lot more about bikes then me, but that does not take much. But like you said, she is easy to look at

I did get out and ride for about 60 miles today, had a ball.