Lan Party Jan 13 Dahlgren Naval Base

Technogeek

We've had this party once a month for the past 14 months. A lot of the regulars have moved on (military relocated) so we are looking to fill the empty spaces. You must contact the person/s in the cut and paste below before you show up because seating is limited and we need to let the base security know your coming or they will not let you on. Ignore the "open to NSWC and family" quote. I was told it was ok to post here hopefully drawing some Pax river folks.

WHAT: Local Area Network (LAN) Party
WHERE: Community House
WHEN: Friday, 31 January 2003, 1700 until ??
MORE INFO: http://www.geocities.com/cruddparty/

NNSOC is hosting a LAN Party Friday, 31 January, open to any NSWC employee or their family members. What's a LAN Party? It's where people can get together and do a little multiplayer computer gaming.

The Community House will be unlocked at approximately 1700 and anyone is welcome to come and set up their computer after that time. Seating may be limited so if you are interested please respond as soon as you know you can commit to that date and time.

THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS EVENT!! Of course, if you want to chip in for pizza and/or sodas you are welcome to do so. You are also welcome to bring your own food or beverage (no alcohol allowed).

Basically, here's the agenda:

1. Show up to the Community House with your computer gear (must have a networking card).

2. Plug into the LAN.

3. Play multiplayer LAN games (like Half-Life Day of Defeat, Battlefield 1942, Starcraft, Unreal Tournament 2003, NASCAR, Warcraft III, etc.) until you fall over from exhaustion or the next morning arrives, whichever comes first.

There is additional information at http://www.geocities.com/cruddparty/

POCs for the event are Mr. Ken St. Clair (mailto:stclair@nsc.navy.mil, 653-5560) and LT Joe Vandelac (mailto:vandelacj@nsc.navy.mil, 653-0524).

If interested, please respond to either POC before 30 Jan.

Very Respectfully,
Joe Vandelac

K

Kain99

Where ya been Geek? looked all over for ya this weekend but I guess you were otherwise engaged...... :really:

Technogeek

Hey Kain!

I've been busy getting old. I get home from work and all I want to do is go to sleep cause Im wore out. Reminds me of my old man when I was young. He'd come home and take a nap everyday. I should to get off my a$$ an exercise but its a lot easier said than done. Tell Biscuit I PM'ed him.

See Ya

Technogeek

Just adding a little more info. The lan party is geared for the older gamers 18+. Agerage age of attendees is 35. Kids are welcome but preferably with an adult whose also participating.