MRI's...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...SUCK

My effed up left shoulder.

I'm not claustrophbic, so, sliding under the 'dome of clanking noises' didn't bother me but the tech is like 'OK, be REAL still!' and then after she has you wedged up kinda comfortable, OK, she's off to the booth and then this speaker explodes in your ear 'SQWAUWK: OK, first scan, 3 minutes...'

Klank. Whir...BBZZZZTTTTT....Vvvvrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

And so on and so forth.

I mean, how STILL? Dead still? Well, she's gone, off to mission control. Just lie STILL. Now, my nose itches...how much time? Will talking ruin the pics? If I ask 'how still?' or 'still enough?' will I have to start over???

"Gotta re-do #2, you moved a bit..."

I did ####ing not! I'm barely breathing here! I didn't move my lips...Does thinking mess up the pics?

"Lie REAL STILL please."

I'm like, what do you do when a 10 year old boy rolls in here? Knock him out?

OK, now I gotta cough. How about a little one. SUPRESS IT, like the nose itch, it'll go away. OK....OK...OK...

"Next scan....starting now..."

Well, tell me SOMETHING, anything! Am I laying here still enough? I doing this right???

"...this one is 4 minutes..."

No clock I can see. Counting 1, 1 thousand makes it worse, no count down from her...####...

"**COUGH***"

Oh, ####! She's gonna kill me! Now I gotta wait what MUST be 2 1/2 or 3 more minutes just to hear her say "Nope, gotta do that one over..."

The Tell tale heart...beat...beat...beat...

####. Is my heartbeat messing this thing up? I feel pretty relaxed other than now I wanna itch my nut sack...

"Last one...4 minutes..."

"OK, gotta re0check the pictures..."

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN????

I'm half dozed off now and suddenly, I'm moving back out from under the dome of "DON'T MOVE" and she's all "OK, fine...gotta finish printing, be done in a few minutes, please go wait in the waiting room..."

I mean I'll admit to being a needy guy who wants to know that he done good but come on, is it so unreasonable to not want to be a guinea pig?

Speaking of which the receptionist got a pot belly for Christmas, maybe 4-6 weeks old or so and had brought him in to the office this Christmas Eve morn.

And that's what this thread is really about; I can no more read the MRI pics than I can fly the space shuttle, that pig was cute a all hell and...

Merry Christmas to all of you!

D

dems4me

Larry Gude said:
...SUCK

My effed up left shoulder.

I'm not claustrophbic, so, sliding under the 'dome of clanking noises' didn't bother me but the tech is like 'OK, be REAL still!' and then after she has you wedged up kinda comfortable, OK, she's off to the booth and then this speaker explodes in your ear 'SQWAUWK: OK, first scan, 3 minutes...'

Klank. Whir...BBZZZZTTTTT....Vvvvrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

And so on and so forth.

I mean, how STILL? Dead still? Well, she's gone, off to mission control. Just lie STILL. Now, my nose itches...how much time? Will talking ruin the pics? If I ask 'how still?' or 'still enough?' will I have to start over???

"Gotta re-do #2, you moved a bit..."

I did ####ing not! I'm barely breathing here! I didn't move my lips...Does thinking mess up the pics?

"Lie REAL STILL please."

I'm like, what do you do when a 10 year old boy rolls in here? Knock him out?

OK, now I gotta cough. How about a little one. SUPRESS IT, like the nose itch, it'll go away. OK....OK...OK...

"Next scan....starting now..."

Well, tell me SOMETHING, anything! Am I laying here still enough? I doing this right???

"...this one is 4 minutes..."

No clock I can see. Counting 1, 1 thousand makes it worse, no count down from her...####...

"**COUGH***"

Oh, ####! She's gonna kill me! Now I gotta wait what MUST be 2 1/2 or 3 more minutes just to hear her say "Nope, gotta do that one over..."

The Tell tale heart...beat...beat...beat...

####. Is my heartbeat messing this thing up? I feel pretty relaxed other than now I wanna itch my nut sack...

"Last one...4 minutes..."

"OK, gotta re0check the pictures..."

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN????

I'm half dozed off now and suddenly, I'm moving back out from under the dome of "DON'T MOVE" and she's all "OK, fine...gotta finish printing, be done in a few minutes, please go wait in the waiting room..."

I mean I'll admit to being a needy guy who wants to know that he done good but come on, is it so unreasonable to not want to be a guinea pig?

Speaking of which the receptionist got a pot belly for Christmas, maybe 4-6 weeks old or so and had brought him in to the office this Christmas Eve morn.

And that's what this thread is really about; I can no more read the MRI pics than I can fly the space shuttle, that pig was cute a all hell and...

Merry Christmas to all of you!

:killingme: It helps when they play music for ya so you don't do soo much thinking in the tube... :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry...

Not as funny as the tooth extraction, but still DAMN funny. :lmao:

Did you see where I posted about my nephews going to the Skins/Giants game? 50 yard line baby! :cartwheel

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

jazz lady said:
Not as funny as the tooth extraction, but still DAMN funny. :lmao:

Did you see where I posted about my nephews going to the Skins/Giants game? 50 yard line baby! :cartwheel

...I hadn't caught that. The Washington Redskins or some other Redksins?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...I hadn't caught that. The Washington Redskins or some other Redksins?

THE Skins, tyvm. :neener: My brother-in-law got the tickets for face value plus the guy threw in a parking pass for free. Sis said they're second row but he could only get two, so he gave them to my nephews as an early Christmas present. :yay:

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
:yay: Maybe they'll see each other there. :jet:

crap, my best friend called the house and then the cell at 7am, finally getting around to returning her call and she WAS looking for someone to take the Redskin Giants tics of her hands :bawl::banghead::bawl: That just sucks, but all is well, I got barbeque chicken in the crock pot and getting ready to throw potatoes in the oven to start making potatoe skins for the game and I'm all dressed in redskin gear and garb (all but the warpaint (so far...:lol:) Go Skins!!! Don't let Shockey get open!! :clap: :dance:

camily

Peace
My son and BIL left at about 10 from Va. to go. They went so they could watch the warm up etc. He wanted my BIL to take off his shirt and paint his body!!! :killingme Last night they fed the deer and came out real early this morning and snuck around in the woods watching them eat. He is in Heaven!!!
By the way, yes Larry, they knock out the babies when they get the test done. Celie (my baby) had a CAT scan and they doped her up to lie still.

donbarzini

My wife used to work for a neurologist and she was constantly scheduling patients for MRI's; and they(being scared) would ask her what they were like.
She would kind of shrug her shoulders and give a weak smile. She found out I had been scheduled for one and told me to tell her, so she could tell them.
I got home and all I could say was: "Now I know what a AA battery feels like inside a vibrator.". She smacked me in the head. :smack:

camily

Peace
Nickel said:
That's a really pretty name.
Thanks! I love it too!! I named her from the movie The Color Purple, one of my favorite movies. Celie was such a strong woman in the movie who overcame huge obstacles, it was very fitting for my circumstances at the time. Her middle name is Faith, because that is what I had to have to get me through those trying times.