Deer Processing

catch22

Can anyone give me the name of a good deer butcher/processor? The best one I'd found over the years doesn't do it anymore. I've tried a few and had a bad experience with one in particular. I got less meat back from him than from the others. Hmmmmmm--could it be a coincidence that he also sells deer sausage?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
My buddies uncle does it also, he's in the callaway area...he does real good work, an doesnt charge as much as butchers do....but my buddies entire family (the hunters atleast 10 or so) all take there's to him....I dont know if Callaway is close to you or not

mdpitch3

Have you tried Chuck's in Bryans Road. They do a great job and are reasonable. They make wonderful specialty items. You have to try their jerky, bologna, slim jims, and BBQ. I have been going there for years and won't go anywhere else.

girliegirl

jazz lady said:
I don't know the name of the place, but there's one at the end of Indian Bridge Road right before you get to Route 4 (St. Andrew's Church Road). The place always has a steady stream of customers.

Indian Bridge Road is correct..His name is Mike McWilliams..He has a sign at the end of his driveway for Deer Processing

catch22

Wow, I've heard from several friends that took their deer to Tom's that they felt they got shorted on their meat. I'm glad you've had a better experience.

Steve said:
I only know of the one on 381 in Hughesville, just before the PG County line.
That's the "Tom" that FD is talking about. He has moved. He is no longer on 381. He is now on 231 west of SMECO.