2 Weeks (Cont.)

CityGrl

Time for a nap
Okay, after much discussion and arrangements, it looks like my two weeks will be spent in Switzerland with a brief stopover in Paris.

Anyone have any suggestions on things I MUST see/do while in Switzerland? We're thinking about a 5-day train tour of the countryside. Has anyone ever done this?

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..
CityGrl said:
Okay, after much discussion and arrangements, it looks like my two weeks will be spent in Switzerland with a brief stopover in Paris.

Anyone have any suggestions on things I MUST see/do while in Switzerland? We're thinking about a 5-day train tour of the countryside. Has anyone ever done this?
Yeah, Go take a picture of the biggest swiss knockers you can find and send them express to Stevesarockinbastard@yahoo.com

T

tikipirate

Definitely visit Interlaken and the Swiss Alps.

Pay special attention to the changing culture as you move between the German, French, and Italian areas of SZ.

Eat like a fiend! Try to find one or two farmer's markets during your journey and load up on goodies for a picnic. Ask for 'Swiss' cheese and note the vacant stare you receive in return.

Relax in an outdoor cafe at least once a day.

Visit a good chocolatier and splurge on good chocolate and marzipan. Hit the local supermarket or drugstore and load up on cheap but fantastic chocolate bars as presents for those back home.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
tikipirate said:
Definitely visit Interlaken and the Swiss Alps.

Pay special attention to the changing culture as you move between the German, French, and Italian areas of SZ.

Eat like a fiend! Try to find one or two farmer's markets during your journey and load up on goodies for a picnic. Ask for 'Swiss' cheese and note the vacant stare you receive in return.

Relax in an outdoor cafe at least once a day.

Visit a good chocolatier and splurge on good chocolate and marzipan. Hit the local supermarket or drugstore and load up on cheap but fantastic chocolate bars as presents for those back home.

I think the train tour takes us through Interlaken (one night's stay if I remember correctly).