Deputy Dog No Animal Left Behind!

BarbinMD

Deputy Dog was in my life for a very short time, but he left a lasting impression. I will never forget my little friend. In memory of him, please help me spread his word! Animals have no voice. We must speak for them. Barbara Whipkey, trailsendpetsitting@att.net

My name is Deputy Dog. I am a sweet golden retriever mix. Sometime around the 21st of December 2005, I was hit by an automobile on Trapp Rd in St. Mary’s County, MD. I did not sustain life threatening injuries, but the person who hit me did not bother to help me. So there I lay for at least nineteen hours not able to move to seek out help. I was very cold, in pain and shock, while the frost coated my fur with ice. At 3AM on the 22nd, my hero came along! He scooped me up, covered me with a blanket and took me to a warm place. He contacted a member of the St. Mary’s Animal Welfare League and got me into a safe home. The lady helped to dry me off and warm me. I appreciated their help and love, but had already suffered so much. I looked her in the eye and gave her one little wag of my tail. I hope she knows I was saying, “thank you,” but I had no more fight in me. I was rushed to a local veterinary hospital, but unfortunately did not survive the car trip. I left this earth wrapped in a warm blanket, in a warm car, snuggled in someone’s arm who loved me very much. My rescuers believe that I did not need to die. If only that person who hit me had taken me to a veterinary clinic where I could get help, I would be here today to share my story in person. Instead, I died of not only exposure, but also heartache.

Please join me in ensuring that no other dog has to suffer the way I did. Join in Deputy Dog’s No Animal Left Behind Campaign. The goal of this campaign is to educate the public on how they can humanely help innocent animal victims. Please help by spreading my message. If one animal is saved through my campaign, then I did not die in vain.

Veterinarians take an oath obligating them to not allow an animal to suffer. Please, oh please, if you hit an animal, or see an animal that has been hit, get it to a veterinary clinic. You will not be responsible for the costs. I don’t even care if you don’t want to admit that you hit the animal. An animal suffering as I did is much worse than a little white lie. The person who hit me did not mean to do it. It was an accident. Their only crime was leaving me to suffer. Please, don’t leave an animal behind to suffer and die. We have feelings too! No Animal Left Behind!