Is it OK to find out your baby's gender before s/he is born?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
My wife and I have gotten some negative feedback for doing this. A few people have tut-tutted us, like we were spoiled children who couldn't wait until Christmas morning to open our presents.

Last edited:
K

Kain99

I think it's fine to find out the sex of the baby before it arrives! Don't listen to those nut's who are looking down their noses! These are the same idiots who will try to make your wife feel bad if she requests DRUGS during the birth!

The sonogram to verify the babies sex will add excitement and joy to the process! :smile:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think it is fine and a personal preference. My husband and I decided to wait and find out and were pleasantly surprised to have a girl (which we both wanted). I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to find out ahead of time. And shame on those that tut-tut you for it. It's not their baby or their decision and none of their business.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I agree with everyone here. I found out what I was having. It was my first child and I wanted to know.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by vraiblonde
:yeahthat: to the previous posts. Congrats to you and your wife, Tonio! Babies are so fun!

Thanks so much! Two sono techs have told us we're having another girl.

yakky doodle

sure it is!

it's not like Christmas where there are a dozen options here for what you are having; it's either a boy or a girl. I opted to find out ahead of time what I was having so I could be better prepared (i had several sonograms as well and they were all pointing to a girl). I didn't want to end up with yellow and light green everything for her room/wardrobe.

those nay-sayers are probably the same people who rub on your wife's belly w/o asking permission, huh? :burning: that used to really pee-pee me off! :rolleyes:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: sure it is!

Originally posted by yakky doodle
those nay-sayers are probably the same people who rub on your wife's belly w/o asking permission, huh? :burning: that used to really pee-pee me off! :rolleyes:

Thankfully, that hasn't happened to my wife. But I've seen that done to other women. Do those people think of pregnant women as living crystal balls or something?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I say find out, there's no shame in knowing!! I tried to find out when I was pregnant...3 times...and was completely upset when they could never tell. I want to know the next time also, but Dean doesn't - so I guess I'll be a nice gal and appease him, lol!

yakky doodle

Originally posted by Tonio
Do those people think of pregnant women as living crystal balls or something?
you'd think, huh? I was not Ms. Happy-Go-Lucky when I was preggers -- I wanted to deck those people, and I think my face showed it. :mad:

Originally posted by laureng
I want to know the next time also, but Dean doesn't - so I guess I'll be a nice gal and appease him, lol!

My ex didn't want to know, but I did, so I had him leave the sono-room and the doctor told me. Now, the problem came in when his parents, who also wanted to know and who I told that he did NOT want to know, told him during a phone call from him while he was in the middle east ... "How's it feel to be having a baby girl?" :burning: We'd gone months with no slips from me or my mother and his dad dropped the ball. At least it was his dad and not my mother. :wink: :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Color me guilty as sin when it comes to rubbing pregnant Mommy bellies. I don't do it to strangers or anything like that, but when my sis-in-law was pregnant I could hardly keep my hands off her! Especially when she was all boofed out and the baby was moving a lot.

yakky doodle

Originally posted by vraiblonde
I don't do it to strangers or anything like that, but when my sis-in-law was pregnant I could hardly keep my hands off her!

I'm sure that'll give the guys an image you'll regret later! :lol:

Family is one thing; a stranger in the mall who jumps the railing and down a level to grope your watermelon belly is another! :wink:

demsformd

When my son had his first child, the sonograms showed that it was a boy. Thus he and his wife bought everything blue and when "he" was popped out, it turns out that "he" was a she. I don't have a problem with it but I would advise against seeing it as a definite thing.

G

giggles04

I think when it comes time for me to have kids... I'd want to know. But I do know of a girl that was told she was having a girl... bought all the clothes and what not... then that little boy that came out didn't have any clothes to put on!!! So you can't always trust those things.

K

Kimmy

My husband and I were not going to find out with our second child. But my grandmother was getting ready to pass away and we wanted to tell her before she did. We had the sonogram done and boy did he show himself that day. There was no denying that it was a boy. All that you could see was a turtle with its head sticking out. It is something that we can share with the girlfriends down the road. :biggrin:

K

Kimmy

Here is our little slugger when he was born.

ACFD8.jpg