Pillion Today, female rider tomorrow..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
That looks like your daughter
Yep, that's my 12 year old.. she wanted to go for a ride today and test out her new jacket.. off to Point Lookout we went!

She can't wait to ride herself!

If I was a little quicker, I would have had her ride pillion on New Years Day.

Dukesdad

I have two daughters, 15 and 11 and they both love to ride with me. I can't keep them off the back. One day the youngest is going down the road with my parents, saw a bike headed the other way and told them" I cant' wait 'till I'm old enough to get my own bike". Boy did I catch a load of crap from my dad. He's not big on bikes...

Ponytail

aps45819 said:
:lol: the blast is only half a buell. Rode it once, felt like being on a mini-bike.

You'll have to try my Firebolt. It'll definitely redeem Buell as a worthy bike designer for ya.

ylexot

Super Genius
I researched the Blast when looking at bikes...looks like they have some serious problems with reliability.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Bob, cute girl I can't wait until my daughters are old enough to take riding too. I used to have a muscle car and that was the daddy-daughter thing with us. We'd hop in the "cool" car and go get donuts. Now both of the girls go out to the garage to look at the motorcycle more than I do! I know what they're thinking. How's dady going o tae BOTH of us and carry donuts TOO?! LoL! :sigh: maybe I should go get another muscle car...

ylexot, I looked at the Blasts too. Some friends of mine talked me out of going that route and I ended up with a 2005 YZF600R for about the price of a new Blast. I can't imagine that ALL the blasts have problems but I'm glad I didn't buy one all the same.

ylexot

Super Genius
No, haven't ridden in a while. Things got really busy with school and the holidays (which sucked...there were some NICE days in there). If the weather stays good for the weekend, I should be able to get out for a ride or two.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
ylexot said:
:yay: I got a blue 2002...now I just need to learn to ride it :lmao:

Have you seen http://www.yzf600r.com ? They have some decent info. I've been lurking over there reading the forums.

My bike is blue too. I believe the bikes were identical for the past several years so we have a pair of twins. We definitely need to go riding together. :howdy:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If I get the V Strom, I'll play follow the leader with you boys.
Hell, I'll do it on the Shadow :lol:
Did that once with a friend that has a Yamaha FZ1. I could feel the fram flexing in corners trying to keep up.

aps45819 said:
If I get the V Strom, I'll play follow the leader with you boys.
Hell, I'll do it on the Shadow :lol:
Did that once with a friend that has a Yamaha FZ1. I could feel the fram flexing in corners trying to keep up.
WOW! I've NEVER cornered hard enough to twist my oil filter. :lmao:

ylexot

Super Genius
Lugnut said:
Have you seen http://www.yzf600r.com ? They have some decent info. I've been lurking over there reading the forums.

My bike is blue too. I believe the bikes were identical for the past several years so we have a pair of twins. We definitely need to go riding together. :howdy:
Yup, I've been there. Reading the stuff on there is one of the reasons I ended up getting the bike.

Our bikes will look pretty much the same (except maybe sticker designs), but I think they got fuel injection in 2003. Oh, and mine has Thundercat stickers on the fairings :biggrin:

Attachments

• CRW_2093-01 small.jpg
    CRW_2093-01 small.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 74

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
ylexot said:
Yup, I've been there. Reading the stuff on there is one of the reasons I ended up getting the bike.

Our bikes will look pretty much the same (except maybe sticker designs), but I think they got fuel injection in 2003. Oh, and mine has Thundercat stickers on the fairings :biggrin:

Actually I was surprised to find that they are still carb'd. But I bought it anyway. A friend of mine is trying to talk me into letting her design a decal set around the thundercats theme. She's an awesome artist but I dunno... LoL!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Lugnut said:
Actually I was surprised to find that they are still carb'd. But I bought it anyway. A friend of mine is trying to talk me into letting her design a decal set around the thundercats theme. She's an awesome artist but I dunno... LoL!
Go for it.

Just don't get anything that can be mistaken for a rainbow :ohwell: