Any airbrushing tips

kdknitro

Im getting into airbrushing just wondering if anyone knows good places to get paint, and other supplies from?? im mainly wanting to do cars.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
kdknitro said:
Im getting into airbrushing just wondering if anyone knows good places to get paint, and other supplies from?? im mainly wanting to do cars.

When your done with your car, can you airbrush my butt? :flowers:

Ponytail

kdknitro said:

Practice, ALOT, on paper first. I found AIRopaque paints to be pretty good for practicing. Good flow, nice colors, and cleans up with Windex. I did a vanity plate for myself and a few others MANY years ago using the AirOpaque paints and they held up really well. It made eliminating the mistakes really easy too. But school took up too much time and had to give up the airbrushing bit before I got into cars and bikes.

I keep saying that one of these days I'll get back into it. That'll happen about the same time I start excercising again. :lol:

Model airplanes is a huge hobby around here, so I wouldn't think that it would be too difficult to find a place for supplies. But check online too. There's a ton of places online to get paints, masket, instructional videos...

Good luck with it!

B

Bruzilla

I bought a nice double-action airbrush on ebay for about $20 several years ago and I'm still using it. I would also recommend investing in a good compressor rather than tossing money away on cans of air.