Suede painting

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I did my bedroom in my last house with it. It wasn't too hard, just follow the directions on the can. It's a lot of work b/c you're essentially painting the room twice b/c of the technique, but the results (if done right) are worthwhile. If memory serves me correctly, you roll one coat, then go back a second time with a brush and basically make 'X's all over the walls. Also, my bedroom (which wasn't all that big) required two cans of paint. Just keep one thing in mind ... b/c of the texture and technique, be sure it's a color/look you want to keep for a long time. I don't think you can just paint over it if you don't like it. For that same reason, again, follow the directions to a 'T'. If you do, I think you'll love the way it looks. :yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
crabcake said:
I did my bedroom in my last house with it. It wasn't too hard, just follow the directions on the can. It's a lot of work b/c you're essentially painting the room twice b/c of the technique, but the results (if done right) are worthwhile. If memory serves me correctly, you roll one coat, then go back a second time with a brush and basically make 'X's all over the walls. Also, my bedroom (which wasn't all that big) required two cans of paint. Just keep one thing in mind ... b/c of the texture and technique, be sure it's a color/look you want to keep for a long time. I don't think you can just paint over it if you don't like it. For that same reason, again, follow the directions to a 'T'. If you do, I think you'll love the way it looks. :yay:
Thanks. Maybe I'll re-think this. It's a big room and I'm unsure if I'll like the color I picked so maybe I'll do something different.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
BS Gal said:
Thanks. Maybe I'll re-think this. It's a big room and I'm unsure if I'll like the color I picked so maybe I'll do something different.
You could always do just one or two of the walls for accent, and use the base color on the other three or two walls. :shrug: Like if you went with Sage suede, then use a regular sage color for the other walls, or go bold and do something like a taupe/creme or something. I don't know the room or its purpose so it's hard to say. But good luck! :yay: