Who Comes First?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by Kain99
Your children or your spouse? Why? I'm curious.
:rolleyes: Whew! Glad I read the entire post! I wasn't sure what you were getting at!

:biggrin: penn

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Your spouse...
The best thing you can do for your children is to love your spouse and build a good relationship with them.

And... you have to live with your spouse long after your children leave the house.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Definitely your kids! Your kids will always be your kids, but your spouse may not always be your spouse!

K

Kain99

Wow! :yikes: Now that I look at it the title is a little suspect.......

We put each other first.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Always put the spouse first. Me and my spouse will be the foundation for our family, and have to always stand as a united front. The kids can't think that they can come between that relationship in any way, or things can get corrupted and hairy.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by tater
Usually me (unless I run a batch off before hand). But even so, I will keep going til she gets hers :wink:

:eek: LOL!!! I NEVER even took the post that way until after reading your response, tater.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Re: Re: Who Comes First?

Originally posted by penncam
:rolleyes: Whew! Glad I read the entire post! I wasn't sure what you were getting at!

:biggrin: penn

:roflmao: :lmao: I was thinking the same thing!:biggrin:

tater

If these weren't the Disney forums I could so bust your chops right now! :biggrin:

You can if you want, but I'm getting ready to go to lunch right now, so I'll have to check it out when I get back :lmao:

Christy

b*tch rocket
It depends on the situation, and actually if you're in a situation where you have to choose, there's a problem.

If I were given the ultimatum in a live or die situation, I'd choose for my kids to live. I'd hope my husband would make that same decision.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
First Love

Wow! :yikes: Now that I look at it the title is a little suspect.......

We put each other first.
:smile: I have to say the spouse comes first. You two are the basic partners of the marital union. Too, there's many different kinds of love as well. I don't mean to say you do not love your children less than your spouse, but it's a different kind of love, on a different level. JMHO
penn

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Christy
It depends on the situation, and actually if you're in a situation where you have to choose, there's a problem.

If I were given the ultimatum in a live or die situation, I'd choose for my kids to live. I'd hope my husband would make that same decision.

Yes, I agree with the life/death situation scenario. When I answered I was thinking more along the lines of everyday living.

G

giggles04

Originally posted by sleuth14
Your spouse...
The best thing you can do for your children is to love your spouse and build a good relationship with them.

And... you have to live with your spouse long after your children leave the house.

Totally agree with sleuth on this one:biggrin:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
You have a way with words......

Originally posted by bluto
Are you a single mom already or do you aspire to be one in the future?

I'm just sayin'...

:lmao: :lmao: :roflmao: :notworthy
However, that's what I was thinking!
:cool: penn

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
It depends on individual situations. When your kids are young you're all they have and they should come first. What happens is for instance I get married again to a man who is absolutely wonderful to me and a huge butthead to Noah? I'm supposed to pick my husband first? I think not.

As kids get older though and are not so dependant on their parents your spouse should come first. I know that I caused some major uprisings in my house growing up because I would pit my parents against each other on purpose to get what I wanted. If it wasn't for the marriage counselor who told them to stick together when it came to us kids and chose each other first then they might not have made it. Luckily they did and are still together. :biggrin:

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by bluto
Are you a single mom already or do you aspire to be one in the future?

I'm just sayin'...

Nope, happily married and no, I don't aspire to be one either. It was JMHO.

I agree with Christy also.