More cat issues

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We have two big fat boy cats (Moosie and Katnip) and one petite adorable girl cat (Claudia). Claudia really should be an only kitty because she doesn't like other animals unless they could be considered prey for her.

She is thoroughly intimidated by the two boy cats, who pick on her constantly. She'll come over to get some love and Moosie will glare at her for a few minutes, then run her off. She has to eat and use the catbox when she knows they're not around - doesn't want to risk getting caught in the catbox by these two buttheads.

The latest development is that she'll go outside and, when she wants to come back in, Moosie will stand by the door and glare at her through the glass until she goes away. I have to run him off, then call for her that the coast is clear so she can come back in.

Is there anything I can/should do about this? I scold mean kitties when they pick on her, but they don't listen. She still has her claws, but she won't use them when boy kitties jump on her. All have been neutered/spayed, but the boys don't give off the indication they're interested in that, anyway. They just want to pick on her because they're hateful.

All of the cats can't stand it when I pet one of the others - it's this sibling rivalry that drives me crazy. But the two boys duke it out with each other and it's no big deal - they're making poor little Claudia a neurotic mess.

Advice? :flowers:

S

Scaratica

vraiblonde said:
We have two big fat boy cats (Moosie and Katnip) and one petite adorable girl cat (Claudia). Claudia really should be an only kitty because she doesn't like other animals unless they could be considered prey for her.

She is thoroughly intimidated by the two boy cats, who pick on her constantly. She'll come over to get some love and Moosie will glare at her for a few minutes, then run her off. She has to eat and use the catbox when she knows they're not around - doesn't want to risk getting caught in the catbox by these two buttheads.

The latest development is that she'll go outside and, when she wants to come back in, Moosie will stand by the door and glare at her through the glass until she goes away. I have to run him off, then call for her that the coast is clear so she can come back in.

Is there anything I can/should do about this? I scold mean kitties when they pick on her, but they don't listen. She still has her claws, but she won't use them when boy kitties jump on her. All have been neutered/spayed, but the boys don't give off the indication they're interested in that, anyway. They just want to pick on her because they're hateful.

All of the cats can't stand it when I pet one of the others - it's this sibling rivalry that drives me crazy. But the two boys duke it out with each other and it's no big deal - they're making poor little Claudia a neurotic mess.

Buy some canine phermone and apply to the one being bullied

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
vraiblonde said:

Try squirting the two that gang up on her with a squirt gun when they do this, cats will usually get the message fast.

Josimmon

vraiblonde said:

Have you tried a spray bottle with water yet? Cats normally do not like being sprayed with water and it may help curb the bullying of the boys.

Josimmon

harleygirl said:
Try squirting the two that gang up on her with a squirt gun when they do this, cats will usually get the message fast.

Gee we wrote the same thing about the same time... :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chasey_Lane said:
I'll take her. Day keeps saying he wants another girl in bed with us.
See, I've thought about giving her away - my BIL's Mom needs a companion and has no other animals to bother poor Claudia. But she's very skitty (the cat) and I'm not sure she'd be okay with being uprooted and going to live with a stranger. She's 12 years old and has lived with me her whole entire life, so she's an older cat but she doesn't act old - you'd think she was only 3 or 4 if you saw her.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
harleygirl said:
Josimmon said:
Have you tried a spray bottle with water yet? Cats normally do not like being sprayed with water and it may help curb the bullying of the boys.
Excellent idea! I'll try that. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
vraiblonde said:
Excellent idea! I'll try that. :yay:
My mom's cat was a bossy little somebody when she first got her. She started spraying her with a spray bottle of water every time she acted a fool, and she's gotten much better. Of course she'll still try to get on the kitchen counters and drink out of the toilet, but at least she isn't pooping behind the stereo anymore. :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
vraiblonde said:
See, I've thought about giving her away - my BIL's Mom needs a companion and has no other animals to bother poor Claudia. But she's very skitty (the cat) and I'm not sure she'd be okay with being uprooted and going to live with a stranger. She's 12 years old and has lived with me her whole entire life, so she's an older cat but she doesn't act old - you'd think she was only 3 or 4 if you saw her.
Timon needs a girlfriend - he's never had any kitty nookie. He's fixed, so you wouldn't have to worry about any grandkitties. And, he's a cuddle-bug and very laid back. I take better care of him than I do Day. :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Vrai, do you have any pics of your kitties? I know you've posted some before, but I can't remember what they all look like.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chasey_Lane said:
Vrai, do you have any pics of your kitties? I know you've posted some before, but I can't remember what they all look like.
Here's Moosie - he's the only one that will sit still long enough for me to get his picture. Claudia runs from the camera - she's afraid I'll post her picture and Otter will put a pancake on her head.

Attachments

• moosekin.jpg
    moosekin.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 101

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Here's Moosie - he's the only one that will sit still long enough for me to get his picture. Claudia runs from the camera - she's afraid I'll post her picture and Otter will put a pancake on her head.
He's beautiful and shiny!

We used to have that rug. Then my dad got a job.