Driver Shake-up for 2006 Season

Which driver will see most success in 2006 w/new team?

• Busch ~~> 02

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • McMurray ~~> 97

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Kvapil ~~> 32

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mears ~~> 42

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Wimmer ~~> 4

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Labonte ~~> 43

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Waltrip ~~> 55

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Blaney ~~> 22

• Schrader ~~> 21

• Yeley ~~> 18

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Who do you think stands the best chances at success with their new team?

Cripes, did I forget any? :jet: Gonna be interesting the first few races ... remembering to throw my beer cans and spit my tobacky at the tv when the 2 car is cruising around. :biggrin:

I'm undecided yet, and will have to think on it a bit. :tap:

My bad; I meant "2" vs. "02" for sKurt Busch in the poll. :ohwell:

Last edited:

crabcake

I've decided McMurray is my pick ... he's joining a winning team, a winning organization, and I think he's got the drive (pun intended :lol:) to maximize that potential and see the most success. :yay:

crabcake

Mikeinsmd said:
I went with JJ Yeley in the 18. Same reasons as yours.

Who's voting for Michael in an unknown car with an unknown team? :lmao:
:bs: You went with him b/c he's your boy's understudy! :lmao:

Whiney Waltrip's gonna have an even less-productive year than last because he's not gonna have the resources at his disposal anymore that he had with DEI, and I just don't see him being that great a driver. :ohwell:

willie

I got no idea who Yaley is or was but he's joining a good crowd so he was my choice. Is Bobby going to drive 43? Poor Bobby, he's gone from first to middle and now DNF.

crabcake

willie said:
Poor Bobby, he's gone from first to middle and now DNF.
:high5: :lmao: Yep; and I think Loomis is gonna be his crew chief; Loomis is going to Petty. Can't remember what team.

R

Ryan12Newman39

You forgot a lot of drives to add to the List, especially David Stremme...your future 2006 Rookie of the Year

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Just as a hunch I went with Mears. He's got some good experience under his belt and I think he's matured a lot. Now he's driving a good car! We'll see.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Oh and one more thing no coors light. What kinda of marketing idiot would say something like this?

"You don't find many 50-year-old men, old guys, drinking beer. This business is a young man's sport today. Coors brand is catering to the 22- to 30-year-old crowd. Unfortunately we all get old. Not that Sterling is old, but he's not a marketing dream."

Undaunted, Marlin jumped in the trash.

I see old guys those over 30 drinkin beer every night that I work and they are the ones with the money.

crabcake

Mikeinsmd said:
I went with JJ Yeley in the 18. Same reasons as yours.
I've done a little thinking about this, and I still think McMurray has better chances of success due to the organization success. In recent seasons, Gibbs has had only one successful team (defining success by finishing in the top 10), whereas Roush has had 5 just last year, and what, 3 the season before. If Tony and Zippy share with Yeley what they know/have learned, that'd be great.

I have to think that the Gibbs teams (from a mechanical standpoint) share what they know/learn b/c all their cars are built/prepared in one big open shop. You have the 20 car being prepped beside the 18 and 11 cars (see below), so I imagine they're pretty much the same; that said, the driver has a lot to do with it. If Yeley lives near the shop, he'd have to do a lot of phone time with Tony, b/c he doesn't. I've not been to Roush's shop to see how they do business (separate shops, grouped, all in one) to say, but on the PR front, they've alluded to an organizational-team practice (sharing information across the teams). :ohwell:

(Sorry about the grainy-ness of the first pic; it's from behind the glass. I offered to come down there and show the mechanics a thing or two, but they said they had it under control, and allowed me to watch from the observation deck. :biggrin:)

Attachments

• PDR_0384.JPG
    PDR_0384.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 115
  • PDR_0388.JPG
    PDR_0388.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 103

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I had to go with my boy B. Lab. I'm like a good dog, loyal to a fault. I've been a fan since the 96 season, so it's out with the green battery and in with the red spoon!

BTW-Loomis is VP of operations, Todd Parrott is crew chief.

Petty Enterprises-We race for cookies. :lmao:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
crabcake said:
I've decided McMurray is my pick ... he's joining a winning team, a winning organization, and I think he's got the drive (pun intended :lol:) to maximize that potential and see the most success. :yay:

I'm with you there. But I think everyone is sleeping on Schrader going to the Wood Brothers.

F

faststrat02

Dougstermd said:
I think im gona quit drinking miller lite cause KURT BUSCH IS A HOMO!!!

exactly! can this boy even drink? (oops, thats kyle busch..same difference)... the 2 Car will NEVER be the same......